Hi from Derby UK.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 31, 2024
Derby
My name is Raj, and I am from 43 from Derby. I decided to join the BushcraftUK forums because, I was looking to learn bush crafting skills, and maybe find local people to learn from. I haven't had much experience beside doing simple task such as like fixing a wall fence, digging, odd jobs etc.
I am looking to learn how to build a campfire using basic tools and without tools. I'd like to learn to build basic shelters, mud bricks, kiln, wood shelters, fishing and anything else when it comes to survival, foraging and building. I've been watching so much bush crafting YouTube videos but I really need to learn by doing. I tried looking for local places but the closest place is hard to get to if you don't drive and its just 1 day courses. I'm open to volunteering for a position if I can learn these skills. If anyone has any information, recommendations or anyway they could help, I would be much appreciated. Thank you and nice to meet you all.

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Hello, Raj, welcome.

Can't help you in Derby (if Rolls Royce hadn't gone bust in the 70s I might have been born and raised in Derby, but it did so I wasn't!) but hopefully a little bumpet might.

Reactions: NewbieDerby

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Welcome!

You’re only about an hour away from the folks who meet up at Lords Wood, if that helps:

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Raj . the Bushmoot is on now. That is the summer get together of the members in this group. Its just down the road in coventry and the details are on here. x

draybo

Sep 21, 2022
Nottinghamshire
My name is Raj, and I am from 43 from Derby. I decided to join the BushcraftUK forums because, I was looking to learn bush crafting skills, and maybe find local people to learn from. I haven't had much experience beside doing simple task such as like fixing a wall fence, digging, odd jobs etc.
I am looking to learn how to build a campfire using basic tools and without tools. I'd like to learn to build basic shelters, mud bricks, kiln, wood shelters, fishing and anything else when it comes to survival, foraging and building. I've been watching so much bush crafting YouTube videos but I really need to learn by doing. I tried looking for local places but the closest place is hard to get to if you don't drive and its just 1 day courses. I'm open to volunteering for a position if I can learn these skills. If anyone has any information, recommendations or anyway they could help, I would be much appreciated. Thank you and nice to meet you all.
I am in the Mansfield area Notts if it helps

gibson 175

Apr 9, 2022
West Yorkshire
Hi Raj
Get yourself doe to the bi monthly Lords wood meet. Friendly crowd,great location. Near Corley which is near Coventry. It's this weekend. Contact Woodspirits-he organises it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE