Hi from Bristol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brokentwig

Jan 10, 2011
Bristol
Hi everyone, I've been a member for years but never got involved until now. I'd not had the time or space to really advance my bushcraft because I've been bringing two little ones into the world. But now they're getting bigger, I'm finding the time to connect again.

I like going out with a tight group of friends from Bristol. Currently we just go 3-season, but hoping to get out next winter as well. I'm getting my pack weight down now and am finally gathering some good kit!

Bit of hopefully interesting trivia, I play Ed Grundy in the Archers and was recently interviewed on Ramblings by Claire Balding. I also invented the Farrimond Friction Hitch which is a tidy little knot for hanging a tarp alongside a Siberian Hitch, give it a try!

Anyway, nice to be here and looking forward to learning off you all.

Last edited:

Limey Pete

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2021
pnom, penh
Hi everyone, I've been a member for years but never got involved until now. I'd not had the time or space to really advance my bushcraft because I've been bringing two little ones into the world. But now they're getting bigger, I'm finding the time to connect again.

I like going out with a tight group of friends from Bristol. Currently we just go 3-season, but hoping to get out next winter as well. I'm getting my pack weight down now and am finally gathering some good kit!

Bit of hopefully interesting trivia, I play Ed Grundy in the Archers and was recently interviewed on Ramblings by Claire Balding. I also invented the Farrimond Friction Hitch which is a tidy little knot for hanging a tarp alongside a Siberian Hitch, give it a try!

Anyway, nice to be here and looking forward to learning off you all.
You were Ted Grundy? When I heard the Archers theme tune I always used to say OO AHH, which was you. I could not stop myself. Sometimes, I would add. Omm wurried about JARRK.
One of your co stars. Ha Ha.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE