Hi all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 18, 2013
United Kingdom
Just thought I'd say "Hello" to you all.
Very much a newcomer to the whole bushcrafting scene, but have for most of my life loved the "outdoors", being a sea angler (shore) for most of it, pretty much now to the point of obsession :)
I was lucky enough to have been invited (just for the one night) to this years Moot (I still dont know what that means, lol) by one of, if not my BEST friend. I admit freely, I entered the site a little trepidatiously (OMG thats hard to spell after a few on a Sat night, lol), not knowing what to expect. The cynical side of me was half expecting to be singing "Kum-by ah" (no doubt horribly mispelt) (as probably has just been the word "mispelt", lol) around a camp fire whilst roasting marshmallows, with the occasional tree-hug thrown in for good measure ;)
However, what I found was a group of great people who all, like me, just loved to be outdoors :)
Some fantastic conversations were had, although I freely admit that for the most part, I did not have a clue about what was being said, lol....until somebody mentioned words such as "fishing", "long-lining", "gill-netting" etc (YOU know who you are), and finally, I had the courage to open my mouth for something other than to pour beer or food in :)
It was not long before I felt almost "part of the family", the welcome and friendliness shown to me by everyone I met was fantastic, and VERY much appreciated. I also very much enjoyed my few hours in the NC, even though, some of the time, I did not have a damned clue what it was that I was actually drinking, lol. I freely admit to getting a bit lost on the way back to a tent, which I had no idea where it was BEFORE I went to the NC, and I apologise publicly to the member who's van I ended up in, drunkenly asking "where the **** am I?" lol.
Anyway, this is just a brief introduction by myself, to yourselves. I very much look forward to reading all you ll have to say, to learning many new things about outdoor life, and possibly even to sharing some of my fishing related knowledge/experiences with you all.
Regards,
Martin.

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Hi Martin, what a great thing to be able to get to the moot for a night, but unfortunately you came on the wrong night, you missed the Kum By Ya concert, bad luck. Enjoy the forum.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE