Hi All in Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Joined the Forum yesterday; Been reading about your meets;
Sounds like a lot of Fun !;
Ive Worked in Craig Penellian, So have a [Very] Vague Idea where your Cowbridge
Site is; Of course to "Just turn up" would be very rude, and I would most likely get chased back up the valleys.
So who should I contact in order to find out how to join your Group.
Have my own Gear, Done a bit of Survival & a fair bit of Travel.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Erm...you join by turning up....
Study the meet thread for ideas on how it goes - we tend to have a very "Family Friendly" atmosphere with young kids coming along so it ain't all "roughty tufty" but the site is basic so you need to bring water for drinking (and washing) and a shovel for hygine perposes.....
Oh and a fair bit of "trading" goes down - so bring trade goods/wallet as well:)

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Welcome to the forum.

If you fancy comeing along to the next meet you will be made very welcome.

Look forward to meeting you

Stewart

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Hi Zappa,

welcome to BCUK and, in particular, the South Wales chapter. As John has already said, just turn up buddy, no official joining criteria, we are just a collective of like minded, local souls. We are not elitist and have an extremely broad cross section of experience and outlook. Please feel free to come to any meet, you will be made to feel welcome by all. We have a few venues which will be used throughout the course of the Bushcrafting season (1st January - 31st Dec inc) and all you require is a postive attitude to the experience and some new jokes as they were getting thin on the ground at the last meet!:rolleyes:

Look forward to meeting you sometime soon. Oh, by the way, this may be a little off topic and i'm sure other South wales members may be reading this. I'm on placement this week and for the next two, in Pontypridd and i've found a marvelous Government Surplus shop in the town center. Apologies for the wander O/T there.:eek: Again, welcome.;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Is that the shop run by the guy with long hair, looks a bit spooky at times? Only joking he's a nice man and very helpful. Got to be the place, good shop, good prices. The bloke in my local store is as good on price but does not have the range of stock.

Hi Zappa,

welcome to BCUK and, in particular, the South Wales chapter. As John has already said, just turn up buddy, no official joining criteria, we are just a collective of like minded, local souls. We are not elitist and have an extremely broad cross section of experience and outlook. Please feel free to come to any meet, you will be made to feel welcome by all. We have a few venues which will be used throughout the course of the Bushcrafting season (1st January - 31st Dec inc) and all you require is a postive attitude to the experience and some new jokes as they were getting thin on the ground at the last meet!:rolleyes:

Look forward to meeting you sometime soon. Oh, by the way, this may be a little off topic and i'm sure other South wales members may be reading this. I'm on placement this week and for the next two, in Pontypridd and i've found a marvelous Government Surplus shop in the town center. Apologies for the wander O/T there.:eek: Again, welcome.;)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I'm a bit late on this thread but welcome to BCUK Zappa, good to have another local along for the experience!
I hope to meet you at one of the meets sometime (If I can ever get away from work that is!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE