Hi All from Harrow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 17, 2005
Harrow, Middlesex
Hi

Brilliant! finally found a forum dedicated to bushcraft in the UK.

I am based in Harrow in West London, Middlesex so anyone near there let me know I would be interested to know who is about.

A brief introduction:
I am in my late 30's, know a little about bushcraft and had a glancing interest in it since I was a kid. no expert, just the basics. Been on a course or two, the last one was in May 2005 in Brecon for a couple of days and I loved it. but I hate the bloody cold!!!

I am about 3 to 5 months away from heading out to West Africa to try to learn what I can out there. I dont have the money to spend on expensive courses and the like so will be hoping to find a guide once there, head out into the bush and learn that way.

My real interest is in indigenous people or more specifically our own indigenous spirits and how to reawaken that side of ourselves, which is what has led me to be interested in bushcraft again really since it is our closest connection to our ancestral past, nature and that spiritual world.

I work in IT in an air-conditioned office and am pretty likely to be giving up the corporate nonsense to go do something more worthy with my life. That's the plan and why Africa is on the cards. I would like to learn more about bushcraft and survival skills but to be honest the cost seems pretty prohibitive everywhere I look. I really think this knowledge needs to be given out for free where possible but then I am not trying to make a living from it and its all part of survival in the consumer world I suppose so I shouldnt knock it.

Anyone familiar with West Africa and bushcraft out there I would really like to hear from at the moment feel free to email me direct or reply to this.

Also be interested in the group buying of woodlands, I would very much like to be involved in something like that so whoever is in charge of the idea and wants to drop me a line feel free to do so. I was headed down that route myself at one point but the group of people involved backed off after a while prefering to spend their money on mortgages.

I am also single and kid / mortgage free so any foxy bushchicks out there get in touch. haha.

Anyway thats enough about me I will pop back and read a bit more about who all you lot are and what you get up to when I get the chance.

Rgds
Mark B

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
A warm welcome to you mark, sounds like you are going to fit right in here.. any questions you have please feel free to ask :D

:)
Ed

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Welcome from one that isn't single, or mortgage or kid free...wouldn't have it any other way (well, maybe not the mortgage :rolleyes: )

ps. I like the cold... :cool:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hello Mark and welcome to the site......I would thoroughly recommend going through the old threads as well as the new on this site, you will learn a lot. Also keep your eyes peeled for meet ups, there grrrreat..............Jon

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
As she wheeled her wheel barrow,
Through Wealdstone and Harrow
Crying "Wealdsone.... Wealdstone"

My mum and sister still live in Harrow, not far behind the old cinema on Bonnersfield Lane. My sister spent 5-10 years in West Africa.

Welcome to BCUK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE