Hi all especially fellow northern members

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodywoodpacker

Jul 21, 2015
Hartlepool
Hi All,

I'm Mick from Hartlepool in the north east. I'm looking to go wild camping in the woods to escape the stress of every day life. My 15 year old son is interested in the wild camping too as I believe that it's a good way to bond and basically get to know who he is away from the teenage attitude.
I'd be grateful for any advice on places to go especially to enjoy life around the camp fire swapping stories and learning new bushcraft skills.
My other main hobby is fly fishing for trout, sea trout and salmon.

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
PS Have you tried Brockwell woods? its great for someone wanting to discover a place to go, you can have fires, sling a hammock, tarp or tent....and very very private!
The location is Blaydon on Tyne not far from Newcastle,you can contact Steph or Ike on 07770 80915 TEXT ONLY or 0191 414 2025 its £8 a night
JUST TO SAY I HAVE NO CONNECTION APART FROM BEING A VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER! (Camper?) lol

Last edited:

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Hi and welcome from not too far away in Sunderland. +1 about brockwell great site and Steph and Ike are great people always friendly and helpful

Woodywoodpacker

Jul 21, 2015
Hartlepool
Hi All thanks for the welcome,

Yeah tried Brockwell before I joined this site had a great time apart from having to take my mate to Sunderland eye infirmary on the Saturday night due to his eye swelling up with some sort of foreign object in there. Pee'd down but stayed dry in my second hand 20 quid Decathlon pop up tent. It really did pour down too.

Most of my fishing is now done on the river Wear just south of Durham although I do take the odd boat out on Rutland Water to keep my hand in.

Has anyone tried this place near Yarm yet?

Woodywoodpacker

Jul 21, 2015
Hartlepool
Well what a lovely evening last night out in the woods near Yarm with Safezone. My son loved it although due a spider in his tent stole my hammock and relegated me to the tent.

What a great spot to camp for 8 quid a night I have never seen so much wood lying around. I think that all the wood for our fire came from within 6 yards of the camp site.

Had the whole 42 acres to ourselves.

The only downer was the odd train going by but didn't really bother me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE