Heres an idea; Themed bushmoots

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
So rry Gary, but Red started it!!!

The theme could be seasonal too, for example we just missed the birch sap at the last North meet, next spring if we are a little earlier we could concentrate on birch wine or syrup, we have loads of birch I just wouldn't have a clue where to start making stuff with it. Another site may have a glut of some other resource we could harvest, so make a reason for people to visit, alongside normal bushcrafti stuff.

big_daddy_merc

Forager
Apr 9, 2007
chesterfield
How about challenge meets, something like only what you can carry in a belt system/bum bag, no back packs or rucksacks only what's in you belt systems and pocket.

Gwhtbushcraft

Settler
Nov 16, 2006
Warwickshire
love the idea but I would be stuck with the challenge idea as I have to rely on my dad to take me. My dad is a camper not a bushcrafter and needs a wheel barrow for all his kit!
:D

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
There was a meet (Wayland, I think organised it) where there was a specific task to be done, I think it was clearing an area, not to say a meet would be a source of cheap labour, but there may be projects that local groups have that would be appropriate...

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Yes I was thinking the same myself with this weekend coming up.:Thinkingo

I think I'm going to play with my new smoker....:D
Woodman-Base-Unit.gif

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
How about challenge meets, something like only what you can carry in a belt system/bum bag, no back packs or rucksacks only what's in you belt systems and pocket.

This one is a good idea.
I remember there being some talk at last years summer Moot about a '7-item' meet where you're only allowed to bring 7 items. It's an over-nighter and clothes/boots would count as items so you have to think very carefully about what you bring. :eek:

I was quite interested in it but heard no more about it after getting back to the real world. :confused:

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
A couple of times I've thought of coming to the meet from work in the gear I'm wearing, i.e shirt and tie with briefcase.

For some reason its the thought, "in these shoes!", that puts me off. :D

Stu

Wayland

Hárbarðr
This one is a good idea.
I remember there being some talk at last years summer Moot about a '7-item' meet where you're only allowed to bring 7 items. It's an over-nighter and clothes/boots would count as items so you have to think very carefully about what you bring. :eek:

I was quite interested in it but heard no more about it after getting back to the real world. :confused:

Providing my clothes come with the normal contents of my pockets that sounds fine...;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE