Here Be Dragons (Picc heavy)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well Dragonflys anyway. A lovely day and they were zooming allover the last of the cut wheat....

1250341172_65bca393e1_b.jpg

1249575967_b82424ae12_o.jpg

1249465991_c666071a3b_o.jpg

I hope you all had time to get out over the weekend and enjoy the fine weather

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That will work just fine michiel!

I'm a Canon man myself but if you have a play with the macro mode you could do a lot better than these (which were done on my Kodak pocket camera)

Red

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I'm a canon fan too. My dad chose the camera because he studied photography. It works great so far! I allready took some macro pics of a few flowers. Just don't know what flowers they are :D

Michiel

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Lovely pics as usual Red I like Canons too, this is with my little Ixus.

No where as nice a pic but I had to lean over a stream when taking it on my hols in Cornwall.
Still looking for a dslr whats the thoughts on the eos range?
Dave

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats a beautiful creature Dave and a fantastic photo - a banded demoiselle unless I miss my guess?

I have an Eos (just the humble 400D) and I'm very happy with it. Keep your Ixus too though - something more pocket sized is great for Bushcraft!

Red

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I've handled the 400D. Nice camera and more than enough for the amateur photographer. I took some good macro pics with it.
I've got an old Canan S50 as a pocket camera. I need to buy another one sometime.

Michiel

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Lovely pics Red. I had a great expeience a few years ago watching dragonflies hawking midges/flies over a local gravel pit, then came along a hobby to hawk the dragonfles - first hobby I had seen.
A great ariel dog fight, much more fun than 'trying' to catch a big carp.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
We never normally see them around here, but this summer they have been abundant. We even had a large blue one (?:eek:) buzzing around our dining room that I had to usher out with a hat.

They are really beautiful and I wish I could take shots like that.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Dougster, with modern digi cams I think that very good results are achievable.
I just take lots of pics to get a few good /ok ones (wipe the rest so no hassle.)
Red takes superb shots...I seem never to be in the right place at the right time........I waited ages for that fella to open his wings he never did till he flew off!!!!
Dave

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Dave,

thats the difference with dragonflies - dragonflies can't fold their wings but damsel flies can.

I just spend a lot of time wandering in the woods and always have a camera with me - as Dave says I delete 100 for every one I use (or more). I took about 200 of those dragonflies and only the top one was really worth it

Red

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Dave,

thats the difference with dragonflies - dragonflies can't fold their wings but damsel flies can.

I just spend a lot of time wandering in the woods and always have a camera with me - as Dave says I delete 100 for every one I use (or more). I took about 200 of those dragonflies and only the top one was really worth it

Red

And how often is it that the one you keep is the first one you took!

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Red I appreciate that about the wings mate but I've seen your raptor pics mate and you deffo have a knack for being in the right place !!!:)
I always look forward to your pics mate as well as some others on here who take great shots.
Looking at the the 400 eos as well as the new one (not released Yet?)
New one very nice (as well as the older 10mp) too much money for me the new one at £900 for just the body!
Gonna have a look at some in Canada next month and hopefully get one a bit cheaper.:)
Its all good Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE