hennsey hammock help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
my friend is going to thailand and have asked me advice on what hennsey hammock ?

i know a lot of you guys use them - ive heard only good things about them - but would appreciate any tips i can say to friend

lottie.lou

Forager
Oct 9, 2007
Preston
What would you like to know? They've very comfy, you lie diagonally across them so you're pretty much horizontal.
The tarp you get with them is a bit too small for windy rain, theres a Hex fly you can buy extra which is gigantic.
Snake skins are covers which slide over the hammock from either meaning you can tie it to the tree first and then unwrap it.
If you're under 6ft an Expedition Asym will do but if you're over or over 18 stone you'll need the Explorer Deluxe.
Although it mentioned on the website you can use it on the ground with the absence of trees its really not practical at all.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
I've used one for the last couple of years and found them excellent, if a little cold in winter without an underblanket. I don't suspect you'll have much of a problem out in the tropics unless you have a night time downpour.

I do think they are rather expensive, when compared to the DD or groupbuy hammocks. I'm not entirely convinced I would buy another now others are available, but at the time I bought mine, they were the only ones available that were up to the tasks I wanted it to cope with. Even then I had to purchase it from the US, they weren't available in the UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE