Hennessy review..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
good post and good review! i've been thinking of a hennessy for awhile, but never found anything but the official blurb :( . they look good, and sound better so i may have to save up for the day my current one goes to the great woods in the sky.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Good review mate,

I had a play with one last week, seems good kit and comfy, the problems may possibly be down to quality control though, which is a shame with good kit.

Brian

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
Hi guys, I would not worry too much about QC. The review is still going, as it still does not have the inputs and pictures of my friend Bogdan, which is a > 90 kg mate....
The return rate of a major and extremely well known us online retailer (sorry can't give names) talks for itself: Expedition a-sym is 0.54 %, half a percent !. We unfortunately got one of these, and it shows in the review, because we are not there to hide things.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yeah, I can agree with that, I just bought the Expedition and no problems with QC whatsoever, and cos' I'm military and treat equipment with disregard :rolleyes: , that's really saying something.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i've used one since febuary this year never had any problems!

all i can sugest is try one!

you will buy it!

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Yeah, I've used an ultralight for a few years now, I love it, the most comfy place to sleep i have ever found.
I am waaaay overweight for it (too many pies :D ), but its "overengineered" and I've never had a problem.
Hennessies are top kit IMO, the best camping invention since the thermarest
(the best option for ground dwellers).
A good night sleep is invaluable, and a hennessy gives a great night sleep.

Just my 2ps worth :D

Rich

C

cossack

Found review very interesting, photo's much better than Hennessy website, glad of that - I ordered my 'Hennessy' last week :)

M

Millbilly

Been using my deluxe (im a fat git :D ) for a little while now, and im fairly happy with it. so far, ive just used a us poncho liner inside (half underneath me and half on top) But its getting chilly now, and ive been meaning to get a new roll mat for a while anyway-might treat myself to a thermarest :cool:
Ive heard somewhere that animal skins are great for sleeping on, especially inside hammocks. Might give that a go one day.
I generally pull my bergen inside with me, or hang it from the loose bit of rope at the feet end if its not raining. Speaking of rain, i cant seem to get completely covered under the tarp. Im sure its possible, im just probabley doing it wrong :eek:
But yeah, a quality bit of kit. Get the snakeskins too, if you can.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE