Helsport Varanger Lavvu 12-14 outer + ground sheet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
So a few earlier this year I sold my Tentipi Safir 9 CP because I didn't really have anywhere to dry it. Following that I purchased the Helsport tipi from Tamarack outdoors (http://www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=9585457) and have used it just once, this weekend at a family camp site. It still has the tags on it and has never even had the guy lines out.

I love the tent, it's everything I could want in a tipi and more but for camping with my partner and son, it's not what I need apparently - a separate bedroom for the little dude. It's big for me to use solo and while I will probably get another one in the future, at the moment I need to repurpose the cash to a more traditional family tent with two bedrooms.

Tamarack are asking £1054.99 but it's pretty easy to get 10% off and so I will knock 10% off that, rounding down and including postage. I will even include a set of big nail type pegs as well as a full compliment of the Helsport Y-pegs... and free postage in the mainland UK for £850... now £750.

The tent really is, with the exception of some blades of grass, as-new so I think it's a fair price. Payment will need to be either a cheque, cash in person or paid into my account or bank transfer as there's no way i'm going to eat the PayPal fees on something of this value. It's a massive tent when up and will laugh at any conditions you throw at it, the fabric quality is amazing, it's thick without being heavy and doesn't feel dark inside.

Here's the blurb anyway.

Varanger was crowned test winner in an extensive lavvu comparison by Norwegian outdoor magazine villmarksliv, varanger is our new fully loaded model. The outer tent is made of a specially developed fire retardant Helsport rainguard® which is ideal for use in the Lavvu. The opening has protected double zippers and fire retardant mosquito mesh. Two Helsport AirflowII® ventilation ducts combined with an internally adjustable top opening help to ensure sufficient airflow inside, reducing condensation and improving air quality. The aluminium centre pole is light and makes for easy set up and the many guy line points increase stability during high winds.

Compatible with Helsport Lavvu Stove
The opening has protected double zippers
Two Helsport AirflowII® ventilation ducts
Adjustable top opening to ensure sufficient airflow innside
Drying rack is included.
New guy points for all our tents. The guy line is looped up and attached in the elastic webbing in a simple and easy way.
Helsport Rainguard® Flame retardant outer tent
Aluminium Center Pole
Extra equipment: ground sheet and inner tent. As an optional extra the Varanger series comes with an inner tent and ground sheet. Both the inner tent and ground sheet can be purchased separately.

Ground Sheet

The ground sheet is made of a Polymide SI fabric that is also fire retardant. The fabric has an hydrostatic head of 5000mm, ensuring little or no moisture gets into the tent. The groundsheet clips into the outer just above the snow valance and has a Velcro system to remove part of the groundsheet when using the Helsport Lavvu Stove.[h=1]Size and Weight 12 -14[/h]Persons: 12-14
varanger12-14dimensions.jpg

Area: 23.5m2
Weight Outer tent: 5.8kg
Weight Inner tent: 3.6kg
Weight groundsheet: 2.1kg
Peg weight: 0.9kg
Pole weight: 1.5kg
Total weight (+-10%): 13.9kg

Last edited:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Hi Tony,

No porch on this one, I generally don't like lots of guying around a tent as i'm not a big fan of tripping over things so I didn't want the one with the porch. The floor does open up so you don't fill up with water if it rains and it's not shown in the photo but both sides of the door roll up making it a big entrance. I was going to attach a small tarp to the higher guy points to cover the entrance but never bothered.

Sep 10, 2012
Leeds
Hi Sqidders. It's Crowsfoot who saw your tent on EBay. If you want to deal direct via the forum then my offer still stands. Obviously it will it sweeten the deal for you if we don't go through that rather expensive auction site......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE