Help with book please.

Lee_shanahan

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2007
South Wales
I am really intrested in learning the trees of britain and their uses. i have looked on many sites on the internet but i would like to buy a book so i could take it with me.

I was looking on amazon and came across a couple of books but "Complete British Trees" by Paul Sterry, has been standing out to me the most.

Has anyone got this book and what is their opinion about it? also are there any other books out there that are any good? I am only really intrested in British trees and not european.

Thanks.

ATB

Lee

cccc

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2007
North Hampshire
Lee_shanahan said:
I am really intrested in learning the trees of britain and their uses. i have looked on many sites on the internet but i would like to buy a book so i could take it with me.

I was looking on amazon and came across a couple of books but "Complete British Trees" by Paul Sterry, has been standing out to me the most.

ATB

Lee

The Paul Sterry book has been pretty useful to me, its got a nice leave picture collection which 9 out 10 times gets me onto the right track.

In addition to this I have The Collins Field Guide, Trees of Britian and Europe, its been nice, similar in size.

If I had to choose one, then its the Sterry one as its got more photographs and seems easy to use.

Like a few others on here I am thinking about getting a small book to start collecting my own information ( what the wood is good for, where I find them etc ).

I would like a very small leaf guide, but havent found one yet. I might scan and carry a copy of the Sterry leaf index in the meantime :)

Cheers

c

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
If you want to know a bit about the Lore associated with particular trees have a look at 'Tree Wisdom' by Jacqueline Memory Paterson, Published by Thorsons , ISBN 0 7225 3408 6. Well woth a read as it explains the background to many of the myths, legends, superstitions and used for trees. :)

cccc

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2007
North Hampshire
fred gordon said:
If you want to know a bit about the Lore associated with particular trees have a look at 'Tree Wisdom' by Jacqueline Memory Paterson, Published by Thorsons , ISBN 0 7225 3408 6. Well woth a read as it explains the background to many of the myths, legends, superstitions and used for trees. :)

Looks good, Amazon have some for about 9 pounds...

Amazon Linky

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE