Help with bergen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Well finally I pick up my 1st ever bergen this evening! Very excited as up to now I've been using a 65l regatta survivor from argos and tbh it wasn't the best lol

Basically I would like a bit of help if anyones free on choosing some side pockets. The bag apparently is a 1991 British army model and tge side pockets zip on. Is there different sizes, models of side pockets? Also does anyone have any recommendations for additional pouches to the front? This seems quite a big bag so maybe I won't need them...

Also with my regatta I always bungeed my tent and roll mat to the top of the bag, is this advisable with a bergen?

Pics are in a sideshow here:

http://jpegbay.com/gallery/003515722-6.html#6

Thanks guys

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ps. What is a yoke and is it needed?

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
If you get side pouches, make sure they are PLCE compatible. From what I understand, only surplus and karrimor will fit. Makes such as Webtex and highlander won't.

I took of the front pouch and sewn on a set of zips on to the back for an extra pouch. I haven't used it yet.

A yoke is not needed unless you get the side pouches and you want to use those only as a day sack, and then you would need the link straps.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Ah OK I already have a regatta survivor 26l I use as a daysack so I won't be needing a yoke.

Also I dont suppose you know how much these bags are usually worth?

Thanks for the help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Anywhere from £25 (mine, stained from a surplus shop) to £50. All depends on where you see them or if you are lucky on ebay. The olive green are rarer than the DPM ones.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE