Help with a DD Hammock

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi all

I am modifying my new DD Hammock so I can clip on a carabiner to speed up setting it up.

Can anyone tell me if it's Ok to use the original webbing supplied with the hammock singly to run from the carabiner to the trees, or will I need to double it up to get the strength so it doesn't break.

I can't afford any climbing tape at the moment, so I need to use what I've got.

Cheers in abvance

Phill

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
It's worked well for me so far, but i only use mine about 4 times a year and in the garden.

I've found that the green webbing that comes with them stretches a bit over time but that's about it.

What i've done is tie the green webbing in a large knot, then attached the karabiners then have climbing tape or the green webbing running off to a tree. If the trees are close enough i double up, if not then a single line is usually enough.

But i only weigh 11 stone sopping wet and 5' 8" so if you're bigger you might want to add some more.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Hi all

I am modifying my new DD Hammock so I can clip on a carabiner to speed up setting it up.

Can anyone tell me if it's Ok to use the original webbing supplied with the hammock singly to run from the carabiner to the trees, or will I need to double it up to get the strength so it doesn't break.

I can't afford any climbing tape at the moment, so I need to use what I've got.

Cheers in abvance

Phill
I've used the DD webbing, both singly, doubled up, and wrapped round the tree five times and with a carabiner attached to my hammock by a length of 7mm blue nylon rope, all with no problem. (I'm not a racing snake by any stretch of the imagination ( 6' 1" and 17 + stone)

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
If you look on the DD Hammock web site and then view Pablo's Hammock setting up a Camping Hammock you will see how he does it. It works fine...

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Thanks Guys

3 answers in half an hour, that's fast

I did have a look at the DD website before I bought one, but I will have another look and also at Pablo's set up.

Cheers

Phill

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Using it singly will still have it dbld as you will have a single at each end. It is more than strng enough for my 15stones. You can knot it with a fig 8 or tape knots or better still a reefknot for strength.

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE