Help with a bowdrill survey?

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
Hi guys,

Spent a happy Saturday to day doing a few bits of bushcraft (as you do), and decide to test out a few different timbers I had collected after one of those giant storms a few weeks back blew all the trees down. I thought what might be handy would be a table of the qualities of each wood for bowdrilling. I know there are lists of good timbers in books such as RM's Bushcraft, but I am talking about a more in depth sort of study, ie compatibility with other wood, drying time, speed of which you can achieve ember, reliability when damp etc.

However, I thought it would be easier and more reliable if more than person tested each combination - in order to take an average. Therefore, I am seeing if anyone would be interested in helping out?

Am just gauging interest here but I think this idea could rapidly develop :)

cheers,
woodwalker

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.