help unlocking mobile phone

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Hey Gill, do you mean, unlocking it so you can use any SIM card in it? Or unlocking it using a password / code thing to be able to use it?

If it's the first one, take it into Pricemaster in town, they charge a tenner to unlock them.

If it's the second, I've not got a scoobie, sorry.

Cheers,

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
If it's one you originally received with a contract, if its over 12m old call the network and they might do it for free (is what we used to when I worked at Vodafone).

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
If it's one you originally received with a contract, if its over 12m old call the network and they might do it for free (is what we used to when I worked at Vodafone).

Aye, same here - again with vodafone. Worth a shot Gill, all they can do is say no, it will cost you X amount. They give you a code which you input into the phone, or maybe ask you to send it into a service centre. Vodafone would charge you for the codes, but do the service centre thing for free too, although they didn't like advertising that.

As far as unlocking with software at home, sometimes it's easy other times it's not, depending on the generation of the phone ie how modern, you may just enter a code, or you may need to hook it up using cables and stuff. As I said earlier, for an easy life take it to PriceMaster, they did mine, and it's fine 2 years later.. :)

Cheers,

Cheers,

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
SEricons are a pain in the proverbial to unlock - more often than not you need a cable (different to the one it was supplied with) - makes financial sense to get it unlocked rather than trying it yourself.

All the software I found online which would allegedly do it through the original cable was riddled with malware - not worth the risk IMHO.

As above - try your old network provider - failing that there are places which will unlock for between £5 and £15.

Cheers,

C

chella

Hi, does anybody have any talent at this? i could do with some help.

What's your phone Brand and model?
You can unlock your phone from Network lock using unlock code.Unlock code is the best and safest way to unlock phone.You can get the unlock code for your phone from your Network service provider or any third party online vendors.If you have a Blackberry phone then you can get the unlock code for your phone at low cost from UnBBLock.com For, other phone models you can get the unlock code from [URL="http://www.mobileunlocksolutions.com]MobileUnlockSolutions.com[/URL]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE