Help needed with Rogue RB5 Trans Africa/ Pro Hunter boot sizing.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Hi all,

I know I shouldn't buy boots through the Internet but as I will be traveling to South Africa I have the opportunity to get a custom made pair of Buffalo leather Pro Hunter boots with however the much stronger RB5 rubber soles.

Rogue boots only come in half sizes so 7.5, 8.5, 9.5 etc. and according to Selle who makes the Rogue boots they are extra wide and their size UK 9.5 really is UK 9 but Xtra wide.

I wear Meindl and other shoes and boots all are UK 9 which should be 43 European size.

But on the Ray Mears site they say that 43 equals Rogue size 8.5 so not size 9.

But Kendrick imports who I called tell me that European size 43 would be Rogue size UK 9.5!

Strange because Ray Mears gets them from Kendrick.

I hope that some of you wear Rogue boots and can clarify the sizing for me as I wouldn't want to arrive in Cape Town and the hotel received my "special" Rogues and they are either to small or to big.

Thanks for your input,

Bagheera

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
My very recent experience: my feet are generally a uk9/43. Ordered an 8.5 that felt pretty good, if a touch wide. Not being 100% I sent them back. However my mate went home to Cape Town where the total cost shipped to his house was near enough £75 so decided to take a punt and maybe reduce volume with Sorbothane insoles. He brought them back, invoice, boot and insole label all say '8' and they're pretty much spot on.

No idea if they are actually 8 rather than 8.5, if that's a SA vs UK thing etc.

edit to add: I did ask him to order size 8.5

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Thanks U,

To sum it up you got Rogues size 8.5 which fits you like an normal size 9, even they are a bit wider than normal European shoes.

I'm more concerned about the length of the size 8.5 as I want enough toe space and a normal European size 9 for example Meindl's leave my toes enough space.

Can anyone else comment on the Rogue sizing? I need to place the boot order soon.

Thanks,

Bagheera

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
i am a size 6. (yeah, i know, a full grown man with size 6 feet.......:lmao:) i brought a pair years ago size 5.5. they are on the wide side, but brilliant with a nice pair of thick wool socks. the leather goes sooooo soft after a few soaks in leather oil and they are now like a well worn pair of slippers, if slightly on the heavy side. i love em.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
This may help, or just confuse!

I normally wear a UK size 8.5 or a 9.5US. Keen shows this as being EU42.5. I have some Rogue Rangers in 8.5UK which fit. I have slightly wider feet and have two pairs of Meindl boots, both are 9.5UK! One whole size bigger than I normally take. The Meindls are not both identical, one pair need thicker socks than the other even though they are marked as the same size, but the lighter pair fits me about the same as the 8.5UK shoes by other makers.

So mine is a smaller, wider foot fitting the Rogues spot on their advertised size, but needing a whole size bigger in Meindl in order to get the necessary width. My general experience has been that slightly big boots can work with thicker socks, but smaller ones don't stretch, so if you are set on a purchase, lean towards bigger rather than smaller.

Hope it works for you! Is your trip for fun, or business? If its a holiday, hope you get some good photos of stuff that you can share here :)

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Thanks Chris, Rogue SA told me that I should get their size 8.5 (marked as 8.5) as these are European size 43.

So let's hope they will fit when I hope to pick them up in our first Guest House in Cape Town.

It's a holiday for me this time, the past 2 visits were business, so I hope I'll make some good photo's.

Cheers,

Bagheera

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE