Help needed making a bushcraft kit

N

Neil12

Hey guys, im jsut starting to get into bushcraft and i need a bit of help.
ive got a knife, a mora companion, a scout fire steel, and a 1.5lb camp axe, needing a bit of help on what to get to build it up to a useable kit such as bags, tarps, other accessories i might need, and also any info that you think could be useful to a newcomer.

Thanks.

Mr Finch

Aug 16, 2011
Hampshire, UK
Just don't rely on the paracord for anything you are going to put weight on!

For a tarp, have a look at the DD range. Budget, but very good for being budget. Are you a ground dweller or a hanger?

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, im jsut starting to get into bushcraft and i need a bit of help.
ive got a knife, a mora companion, a scout fire steel, and a 1.5lb camp axe, needing a bit of help on what to get to build it up to a useable kit such as bags, tarps, other accessories i might need, and also any info that you think could be useful to a newcomer.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum...

Here are a couple of suggestions..

1. Find the intro section and post up an introductory post there letting folk on the forum know bit about you etc...
2. Have a look around the forums for info and advice on kit there is a huge amount of existing info on pretty much all sorts of kit and equipment.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Somthing to sleep in and keep you warm and dry, sleeping bag, tent or tarp.
somthing to cook with, muiltfuel, gas, or meths cooker or burn wood.
A cup and pan.
somthing to put it all in.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
do everything on a budget first, what you can make, make ie stoves billy cans spoons.
what you can buy cheep ie builders tarp or shower curtain as a basha, pound shop cup, bowls and water bottles.
if you deside to stick at bushcraft as a hobby then you can start replacing some of you kit over time with more relieable kit and just keep what works for you.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Poundshop is good! Enamel mug - you can use for a mug and a pan, for a start. Make yourself a penny stove from coke or beer cans - lots of instructions on youtube - free. Ditto a DIY woodburner or even a gasifier stove. Ebay tent or tarp (builders tarps are ok to start with), Army sleeping bag/rucksack, carve yourself a spoon, and bobs your uncle for fifty quid or less:)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
start with a good pair of boots and a good waterproof jacket, if your warm dry and have comfortable feet your half way happy all the time, the rest will come from seeing what other people do, you can have 100 people tell you what to buy try all of them and only like 1, kit is a very personal thing, meet up with some people locally and see what they do first...

take your time and look around, you have all you need to go out for the day trip and start to practice...:)

most of all enjoy whatever you do, or whats the point....;)

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
start with a good pair of boots and a good waterproof jacket, if your warm dry and have comfortable feet your half way happy all the time, the rest will come from seeing what other people do, you can have 100 people tell you what to buy try all of them and only like 1, kit is a very personal thing, meet up with some people locally and see what they do first...

take your time and look around, you have all you need to go out for the day trip and start to practice...:)

most of all enjoy whatever you do, or whats the point....;)

This is sagely advice too. I've got heaps of stuff I bought when I started that I've used once, and never used again. A poncho comes to mind. Why did I ever buy a poncho?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE