Help in Finding a Book Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Hi, posted on the odd chance someone may be able to help me locate a book please. The book is about a man who travelled from the UK through Europe to China in a traditional horse-drawn gypsy caravan/vardo. He had no previous experience of horses whatsoever and was not a gypsy himself and had to first locate and buy both horses and caravan and had a sharp learning curve. I believe (though may be wrong) that he bought the caravan somewhere from Scotland and i think he may have left the UK from Wales. He started out with two horses but i believe one died on route. He travelled with another man and i think it may have been his son. He raised money for charity on his travels. I think the book was published in the 1980s and was a paperback. I'm afraid i can't recall the title of the book or the authors name and have done a number of searches online using a variety of titles without success. If the details i have given are familiar to anyone and they know of the book i would be very grateful if they could let me know, the title would be a great help. Thankyou.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Hi and thanks very much Biker, it sounds remarkably similar but i don't recall him taking a family of five and thought he did it alone with one other only, it does sound like it though, i will check out that book you suggested so thankyou very much indeed for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE