Help, I'm looking for clips.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Aft'noon, peeps.

I'm after some clips for a project. I want something like wire/snap gate carabiners, but which can be permanantly attached to an item. I like these used by Mr Wayland (any excuse to look at that picture again!);

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=328099&postcount=44

I have one of those clips, found by chance in a Chandlers in London. Does anyone know where I can get them?

I've also found these;

McGizmo Clips

Have any of you used them?

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Thanks guys. Might give the McGizmos a try.

Sadly the titanium clips are out of stock. Maybe I'll order one for the spork when they're available. Probably save a gram or two compared with the aluminum krab that is on there now. :lmao:

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
The Boat jumble season is just starting and I quite often come across sets of piston hanks. These are used to attatch sails to a wire rope. These are now no longer the thing to have so consequently very cheap. Once you know what they look like you can pick up a set for under a tenner or so.
They come in several different sizes, depending on sail and vessel size so there is quite a good choice.

Beaulieu Jumble is on the 26th April and others are on virtually every week-end following at all ends of the country.

You may find other items better suited such as the Wichard clip for a bargain price too.

I hope this helps.

Swyn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE