Help..I want to buy a large amount of super glue

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
A bit of advice or the collective google-fu required please guys.

I am using an awful lot of ........"Loctite super glue Power Flex Non-Drip Gel".....and it's horribly expensive at near on a fiver for a tiddly tube but it works fantasticaly well on leather.

Is there anywhere i can buy this in larger containers / bottles / tubes etc ?

any help appreciated.

Robbi

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Robbi the biggest bottle i have seen comes in a pack called mitre bond its 50ml + activater for about a fiver and will stick pretty much anything to anything .
Its really good stuff i use it for all sorts of stuff you do not want to fall appart

Jason

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
I've seen it in industrial sized pots for use with a automated dispenser such as you'd have in manufacturing, also recall when open it goes off by absorbing moisture thus if its not used quickly soon chrystallises and you end up with a lot of money wasted, have a look on the net for either Loctite or tak-pak. Would suggest just using the 20g tubes

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I have used Mitre Mate many times for wood and it's brill, never thought about it for leather, wonder if it would work and if it's flexible like the Loctite stuff.

Robbi the biggest bottle i have seen comes in a pack called mitre bond its 50ml + activater for about a fiver and will stick pretty much anything to anything .
Its really good stuff i use it for all sorts of stuff you do not want to fall appart

Jason

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Hi mate, the best stuff I have found for leather as you should only use contact adhesive is a product called thiofix
i used to use evo stick time bond but it gave me some terrible head aches, and then I could this stuff and all my headaches have gone, and it is much better vthan the time bond.
hooe that helps mate.

Biker

Hi Robbi,
Hopefully this link might give you some pointers. I've used this stuff called roket glue, basically it's superglue liquid or gel in a 50ml bottle and works just as well as the tubed stuff. On the packaging it clearly says store in a cool dark place so I did that and the bottle I have is still going strong 18 months after buying it from this company in the link below.

http://www.stilesandbates.co.uk/browse.php/section/6212/level/4

Here's their range of glues

http://www.stilesandbates.co.uk/browse.php/section/254/level/3

I've been to this seller's shop and it's packed with tons of treasures i wish I had the money to buy, they're a great suplier of exotic woods too for knife scales etc.

No afflication just a well-chuffed customer.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Lee, you're a genius ( again ! ) mate, i take it you use this stuff.

a couple of questions from a newbe.........how long does it take to dry, ....when dry is it flexible. ( with the super glue gel stuff, i can stick the "fluffy" inside of the leather thats cut in half, forget what it's called..will this stuff do that as well ? )

cheers bud :)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Lee, you're a genius ( again ! ) mate, i take it you use this stuff.

a couple of questions from a newbe.........how long does it take to dry, ....when dry is it flexible. ( with the super glue gel stuff, i can stick the "fluffy" inside of the leather thats cut in half, forget what it's called..will this stuff do that as well ? )

cheers bud :)
Yes bud, this is what I use for my own sheaths, it will flex with the sheath also, it's fantastic the best stuff I have found, and I have been through a lot of different types.
As for drying it s
takes about 3 minutes until tacky to the touch, and then you place both parts together, the bond is perfect for leather goods.

Biker

Your welcome mate, a tin like that will last you a long long time mate.
And will save you a few bob in the long run.

But it will destroy great swathes of the ozone layer, kill innocent penguins and seals, cause genetic mutation in plankton, melt the icecaps and cause massive deforestation in the Amazon rainforest... but if your conscience can deal with that then go right ahead. :nono:

:ban:

Biker

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i kill penguins every day anyway ! unwrap them and bite their heads off !!

i bought some Gorilla super glue ( very expensive ! ) that states on the bottle that it bonds leather........it doesn't !

udamiano

On a new journey
Loctite has a commercial products range (red ) and use numbers instead of brand names. I know Cromwell tools used to stock it. I think the one you ask for is cyanatic ashesive but they will be the ones to tell you which number. IIRC you can get it up to 1tr sizes, not sure on the price though

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Might not be useful now but to anyone wanting cheap, decent superglue in decent size bottles, uPVC window and conservatory plastics trade counters are the place to go.
All window sill end caps are superglued on and they sell no end.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i wonder if the thick stuff will stick leather, i know the thin stuff won't.

but then standard thin super glue won't stick it either, but the thick stuff will.

for that price, worth a punt

thanks Paul :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE