Help finding Fungi in chalky soils

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all it's that time of year again where I like to try and find some tasty Fungi but end up failing miserably.
I moved to where am am now a while back and I never seem to be able to find any edibles like I used to round here. The ground is very chalky and if it's not chalky it has a lot of flint.
I am lucky that I have varied habitats from pasture land to beach mixed woodlands to huge pine forests they are also very chalky or flinty.
But I only ever seem to find polypores and some very deadly web caps and lots of resupinate.

I am in SE UK and was hoping for some tips on the kinds of Fungi I should be able to find in these kinds of conditions. I have many times tried doing a google search for calcareous loving Fungi but my google fu is lacking. I know those all so elusive morels do enjoy it but again not once have I been lucky enough to locate any.
I am awaiting the rains to really kick off this years season and I am hoping I will do better this year but any tips would be very welcome thanks for reading.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I live atthe foot of the South Downs and have found, Shaggy ink caps,chanterelles, field mushrooms and a variety of different boletes and I haven't been looking for any.
Beech woodlands and open fields are a good place to start as there aren't many on the high chalk.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE