hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tilly

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2006
staffordshire
hi every one my nick name is tilly and i make bushcraft knives for a hobbie.
i have joind in the hope i can pick up some tips on bushcraft fire lighting what to and what not to eat shelter making and every thing els. just want to say hi to every one here .i would have sent a pic of my latest knives but not sure how this is done. :D

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
hi
welcome to bcuk tilly i hope you enjoy your stay here, you will definitley pick up some skills from this site
leon

tilly

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2006
staffordshire
thanx leon-b thats what i hope i no i can make the right tool for the job just need to get this nettle soup to tast a bit better.

Englishrose222

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2006
Devon
englishrose.222.tripod.com
Hi Phill :cool:

Im so pleased to see you here at last a BIG BIG WELCOME from me and hugs and kisses :) you will be right at home here ;) Everyone is just so friendly and helpful :D and i see little Leon-b, my friend, :cool: has already beaten me to saying hello :You_Rock_ :D

Tracy

Englishrose222

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2006
Devon
englishrose.222.tripod.com
Hi Phil

Thanks for the lessons for this evening, on my edged tools thread, you are very kind, i know you are going to have lots of fun here. I'll get some tube and pins and then perhaps you can talk me through the next stage, tomorrow evening.
Good night.

Tracy

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Hi Tilly and welcome.

My special interest is Bushcraft fire lighting. If I can help then ask away either on the forum - in the fire lighting section - or by Private Message (PM).

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
tilly said:
hi rich thanx mate i will mainly wanted to no is what kind of wood to use .thanx i will go see the forum tilly. :rolleyes:
Dry. Best if has been off the ground.

Small. From a basic tinder (crumpled newspaper or tissue would do fine) next have a pile of stuff about the diameter of a match stick. Plenty of that.

Next go to pencil size and then finger size etc....

Most tree types will be OK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE