Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 20, 2014
Surrey
HI everyone. I'm Steve, 27, from north Surrey/ greater London. I'm very new to bushcraft but have always been interested in the outdoors and wildlife. Where I'm from this interest in bushcraft and the outdoors is rare as most people are too concerned about fashion, social media, celebrities blah blah blah etc etc.

It has taken me a few years to work out that I should actually start to learn and practice bushcraft instead of just watching ray mears wishing I knew what he does. So I started watching videos on youtube and I am learning. There are some nice wooded areas accessible by car, I'm learning to drive now but I have had to rely on other people driving me.

I would mainly like to learn about wild edibles as other than blackberries I know none! I have collected a nice amount of cramp ball fungus but other than that I don't know enough to look out for anything else of use. So you can see I'm new to this.

I've been out around 4 times now with a slingshot for woodies and haven't yet managed to have a shot at one yet, is this because I need to sit and wait for some time instead of walking through?...I feel I'm quiet, have camos on and eyes like a hawk but just no luck. Is it just tough in woodland rather than open fields and decoys?

On a side note I have wanted a 2 man open canoe for years so if anyone has one for sale please let me know!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE