Hello from Spain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheBushGuy

Dec 23, 2022
Spain
Hello i'm a Spanish guy who loves Bushcraft and Survival skills.
I'm a begginer in Bushcraft and i would like to receive some tips and skills.
If you have ideas to make you can reply them down there.

Thanks, TheBushGuy...

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Hello from Berlin!

Look into your wardrobe case what seems suitable for the woods, into the attics and sheds of your family and older friends if you find there old military equipment or similar old and robust things, if not search the flea markets in your area or order a bit stuff from a military surplus shop and just start an expedition into the jungle at the end of your bus line the first weekend when you get more than 10°C in the night!

Try out what comes to mind and practice as much as possible to get own experiences.

You need to put together approximately this equipment here below. Take what you already have instead of investing a larger amount of money. Avoid civil equipment. Every military equipment from any western army will suit your needs and probably will last you a lifetime. I guess that you will get Spanish army equipment for the lowest prices and will make the best deals. I don't know it though.
Take an old woolen blanket or a used Tropen sleeping bag made by Fecsa, that's surely issued to the Spanish army. They are cheap and absolutely OK in the beginning for your needs.

In a British outdoor forum people focus on plastic material because that's more comfortable to use in a rainy country. But for you cotton, linen and leather equipment surely will work as well if not even much better. It usually lasts much longer, is rather spark resistant and if it touches your body it sucks sweat better away from you. And it's often cheaper too if we talk about military surplus equipment.

Get a first improvised equipment together and focus on the skills.

You need approximately this here:

No Nonsense Kit List
Bomb proof, Low Budget

BW mountain troop rucksack, Cordura
BW folding mat
BW poncho
Edelrid multicord 3 mm
BA bivvy bag
BW sleeping bag Tropen

US rubber bag, Nylon (ALICE liner)
BW padded jacket
KL draw string bag (for poncho Liner)
BW tropical briefs
BW tropical T-shirt
Falke TK1 socks
Swimming briefs

BW washbag
BA soap tin WW2
Aleppo soap
Fuchs travel toothbrush
Wilkinson's Pronto razor
Ajona tooth creme
BW triangular bandana
EI shaving mirror
Toilet paper
DC4 sharpening tool
BW Esbit stove
BW cuttlery kit
Bic lighter orange

BW mess kit containing food
BW strap for it

On the man:

BW boots by Reck
Falke TK1 socks

ÖBH Trousers KAZ 75
BW tropical briefs
BW trouser belt, olive
Morakniv Garberg, stainless
Victorinox Climber with lanyard
BW handkerchief
House keys with lanyard
Noaks bag A4 with hiking map

BW field shirt, olive
BW tropical T-shirt
Wallet
Bic lighter red
Petzl e+lite
Suunto M-9 compass

ÖBH Feldbluse KAZ 02

US belt ALICE
US canteen pouch ALICE (2×)
US mug
US canteen (2×)

BW - German army, ÖBH - Austrian army, KL - Dutch army, BA - British army,
US - American army, EI - Italian army

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBushGuy

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin

Don't ignite the whole area!
Bread, hard cheese, Salami and nut- dried fruit mix are also a fine meal in the woods. Micropour Forte Tablets can replace water purification by boiling.
Don't underestimate the amount of water that you need during the summer and take rather a few supermarket plastic bottles more but don't trust them. The last water you carry has to be in proper army field bottles! Every farmer will give you drinking water if you ask him. Grave yards and public toilets usually also have accessible drinking water taps.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBushGuy

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello i'm a Spanish guy who loves Bushcraft and Survival skills.
I'm a begginer in Bushcraft and i would like to receive some tips and skills.
If you have ideas to make you can reply them down there.

Thanks, TheBushGuy...

Hello from Berlin!

Look into your wardrobe case what seems suitable for the woods, into the attics and sheds of your family and older friends if you find there old military equipment or similar old and robust things, if not search the flea markets in your area or order a bit stuff from a military surplus shop and just start an expedition into the jungle at the end of your bus line the first weekend when you get more than 10°C in the night!

Try out what comes to mind and practice as much as possible to get own experiences.

You need to put together approximately this equipment here below. Take what you already have instead of investing a larger amount of money. Avoid civil equipment. Every military equipment from any western army will suit your needs and probably will last you a lifetime. I guess that you will get Spanish army equipment for the lowest prices and will make the best deals. I don't know it though.
Take an old woolen blanket or a used Tropen sleeping bag made by Fecsa, that's surely issued to the Spanish army. They are cheap and absolutely OK in the beginning for your needs.

In a British outdoor forum people focus on plastic material because that's more comfortable to use in a rainy country. But for you cotton, linen and leather equipment surely will work as well if not even much better. It usually lasts much longer, is rather spark resistant and if it touches your body it sucks sweat better away from you. And it's often cheaper too if we talk about military surplus equipment.

Get a first improvised equipment together and focus on the skills.

You need approximately this here:

No Nonsense Kit List
Bomb proof, Low Budget

BW mountain troop rucksack, Cordura
BW folding mat
BW poncho
Edelrid multicord 3 mm
BA bivvy bag
BW sleeping bag Tropen

US rubber bag, Nylon (ALICE liner)
BW padded jacket
BW tropical briefs
BW tropical T-shirt
Falke TK1 socks
Swimming briefs

BW washbag
BA soap tin WW2
Aleppo soap
Fuchs travel toothbrush
Wilkinson's Pronto razor
Ajona tooth creme
BW triangular bandana
EI shaving mirror
Toilet paper
DC4 sharpening tool
BW Esbit stove
BW cuttlery kit
Bic lighter orange

BW mess kit containing food
BW strap for it

On the man:

BW boots by Reck
Falke TK1 socks

ÖBH Trousers KAZ 75
BW tropical briefs
BW trouser belt, olive
Morakniv Garberg, stainless
Victorinox Climber with lanyard
BW handkerchief
House keys with lanyard
Noaks bag A4 with hiking map

BW field shirt, olive
BW tropical T-shirt
Wallet
Bic lighter red
Petzl e+lite
Suunto M-9 compass

ÖBH Feldbluse KAZ 02

US belt ALICE
US canteen pouch ALICE (2×)
US mug
US canteen (2×)

BW - German army, ÖBH - Austrian army, KL - Dutch army, BA - British army,
US - American army, EI - Italian army

Or.....

Just get out into the woods with what you currently have ( ignore the epic kit list wet dream ) and just learn with what you have in the environment you are in AND HAVE FUN.

Welcome to the forum - I'm not sure what Bushcraft 'is' , but i'm leaning to it not being about a top trumps of kit lists.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fadcode

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
He knows that he has to get a knife in Toledo. We don't need to tell it him.
Already Hannibal bought his knives there. And Hannibal was foreign.

Last edited:
Reactions: craigshaw1969

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE