Hello from Romania

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alex78

Hello everyone.
My name is Alex. I am 31 and I am from Romania. For more than a year I become interested in bushcraft and this website was a big inspiration for me. I have read as much as I could here. Today I decided to make an account here and greet all of you.

To keep myself motivated I have started a blog in my native language for the people in my country. Maybe I will inspire others as many of you inspired me. The address is: http://bushcraft-romania.blogspot.com/

You will not understand a word :) but I have tried to speak as much as I could trough the images there.

Regards
Alex

P.S.
I hope my english is ok.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Alex - welcome to the forum

There's nothing wrong with your English, in fact it's better than a lot of people on here :)

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
welcome alex let us know if you get out on any bushcrafty trips . pics are always welcome especially from places unfamiliar to most of us. (nearest ive been to rumania is bulgaria)

Alex78

welcome alex let us know if you get out on any bushcrafty trips . pics are always welcome especially from places unfamiliar to most of us. (nearest ive been to rumania is bulgaria)

Thank you all for your warm welcome.

I will surely make pictures. I realy enjoy "documenting" the places I visit. You can se some pictures in my other blog: http://aer-liber.blogspot.com/ .This one is about going out in nature without spending too much money. In a rough translation it means "clean air". I did it mostly for me, to keep me going but also for the people who forget about the nature and sit all the day in a hotel. On this blog you will also see some pictures of my first spoon :) It was when I have started experimenting.

This year I have in plan visiting some interesting places. I will share with you if you are interested.

Thanks again.
Alex

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum. Where abouts in Romania are you? It is a wonderful country.

I like that your spoon is a traditional Romanian design. In 1998 I visited with a friend and we filmed and photographed a spooncarver and turner at Slatina. We saw many wonderful old crafts, farming practices and traditions that we have lost from our culture years ago.

Alex78

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum. Where abouts in Romania are you? It is a wonderful country.

I like that your spoon is a traditional Romanian design. In 1998 I visited with a friend and we filmed and photographed a spooncarver and turner at Slatina. We saw many wonderful old crafts, farming practices and traditions that we have lost from our culture years ago.

Now I live in Bucharest (140km east of Slatina) but I was born in the north of the country. Very beautifull land and full of history.
Indeed I have a beatifull country but most of the people don't know that and slowly they are destroing it. I think I saw your video on youtube. I belive your battery went off before he finishes the spoon :) Am I right?
There is more to see here. I hope I will buy soon a video camera and show you some places from here.

I would like to say that you have a wonderfull country too. I don't know why but I feel the need to see Stonehenge. I can't say why. I just want to see it :)

Have a nice weekend!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE