HELLO from pensacola Fl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 26, 2014
pensacola Fl
This is one of my favorite forums, solid info, and entertainment and awesome projects. Born in the hills of Kentucky, spent most of my youth in the Boones Creek, Harrington Lake area. Outhouses, burnall stoves, split wood and scrap coal for heat and cooking was the way of life. Didnt see a tv, flushing toilet or a house phone til I was about 7 or 8, knew of them, had never seen them tho.
Both my grandfather's had a huge influence, self sufficient, independence, and making do with what you had, and being grateful for it all. One was all hillbilly so campcraft and woodcraft on that side, the other was blind from birth, country city boy ( if that makes sense). Was a farmer, mechanic, rancher, butcher, salesman. Taught me more about my senses than anything. Extreme culture shock when my father joined the army when I was 10 and we became world travelers, mostly Europe/Germany. That life was great. We never lived in base housing, , always out on the "economy"as it was called. Great little town with an apartment on a very large farm connected to the main farmhouse. Well you can guess where I was lol . Experienced a lot in my young life. This forum and a few others have let me connect again, which has no monetary equivalent. My sincere thanks and appreciation to the creators and members of this forum.

Life.....its out there, seize it, mold it, make it yours!!! But the most important thing of all.....pay it forward !

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Hi, I'm currently in the same state as you but about the same distance as London to Edinburgh away (and I'm only about half the way down, in Orlando!). Big country. Welcome

Jul 26, 2014
pensacola Fl
Thanks for all the welcomes, been here in Florida about 6 years this time santaman. Lived in New sumerna (spelling?) Fl and Key West for a while when I was younger. Decided to stay this time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE