Hello from North Lincolnshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 14, 2013
Scunthorpe
Hey guys
Ive just joined up to this site today, and have spent the majority of the day reading posts on here, i have to say its a very friendly forum, lots of great advice, with ZERO arguments or squabbling, which is extremely rare on the internet nowadays! i was impressed so i thought id make the transition from "Secret guest" to "Participant" :)
Loving the site and will no doubt be returning on a daily basis to pick up some tips.
Im new to bushcraft, still learning so this is a great place to stumble across as some of you guys on here are very knowledgeable and appear all too happy to share that knowledge.

I Have a quick question for any people that are in and around the Lincolnshire area.... im from near Scunthorpe, Im planning to head out on a two night wild camp somewhere, im looking for a good forest or some woods where i can blend in and go undetected, so if anyone in the Lincs area or maybe a little further afield can recommend a good wood to wild camp in, id greatly appreciate it, i want to get a bit of practice in before i head on up to Scotland later on, so somewhere close to home for the time being would be great! :)

A BIG thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to reply to this.... Thank you.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Welcome; I know what you mean about reading posts on here for most of the day as it plays hell with my productivity!

Anything you may want to know, someone here has the answer.

hotchy

Jul 26, 2012
Aldeston in Mora
Hi Chief,

Have you been in twigmoor, right at the back away from the doggers. broughton woods too, or you could go to laugton woods, couple of parking spots, not sure about the required permission needed.
you could stay at the young wood on the lake if you pay your way as a fisherman.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE