Hello from Midlothian

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nativewood

Forager
Feb 9, 2015
Caledonia
Hi, I'm Graeme and having just joined thought I'd best post in the intro section first.

I enjoy carving greenwood, a bit of leatherwork, walking, gardening and just generally being outdoors learning and relaxing. I used to do a bit open canoe paddling but knocked a few of my boat's strakes in a couple of years ago coming down the Brathay into Windermere and have since had to give up my driving licence due to health problems so paddling is off the menu for the foreseeable. I live quite close to a rural area so getting out and about with my faithful dog, Toby, is manageable.

Things I'd love to learn include getting better at tree identification in all seasons (I know some but many elude me), fire starting and I'd absolutely love to make a bow or two. Basket making and other crafty stuff also really interest me and I'd like to carve a needle and learn to make nets.

I'm looking forward to reading and learning as much as I can on here and hopefully getting out there and practising it all.

Thanks for having me. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE