Hello from London UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smyth

Oct 16, 2015
London UK
Hello fellow humans 😊

Although I have spent much time reading about and looking at Bushcraft books/videos, I've not had much opportunity to actually practice much due to ill health. I'm a long way down the road of healing now and am looking to make friends with like-minded people and to get out there much more. After reading posts on this site, I can see I'm amongst experts willing to share knowledge and newbies keen to learn. I did try living in the woods a few years back but my health simply wasn't up to dealing with the cold back then. I feel I have enough skills to deal with that now, and my health has improved ten fold so I'm ready to step things up.

I'm currently researching and gathering tools together, so will probably be seeking advice on the best make of tools to invest in... (Specifically woodcarving and leather-working tools and materials)...

It's good to be here 🌻

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hi and welcome, where were you living in the wood, sounds like as great get away

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Smyth

Oct 16, 2015
London UK
Hi bopdude �� we occupied some woods in Egham nr. Staines and it became a beautiful little Eco-village. I moved back into my flat a few years back now, but I heard they were evicted recently �� 'twas great while it lasted tho...

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Nice I was in Addlestone and Lyne for 7 years before having to quit work now back in the North East

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Smyth

Oct 16, 2015
London UK
Thanks Dreadhead. I see you do leatherwork... Will go take a look at your site.

Nice work! I have a mora with a boring sheath, but it suits my carbon steel blade. If I upgrade to a stainless steel blade, I'd be looking for something like that Celtic Sheath for Mora Knife... If I find I'm real crap at leatherwork, I'll be looking you up for sure :)

Last edited:

Smyth

Oct 16, 2015
London UK
Thanks for the welcome Mesquite. Will take a look at the BCUK photographic competition too. Would I have to be a full member to take part?

Took a look... I'll join in that when I'm feeling a little more confident as to where everything is and how it works around here... I'm not expert but I'd like to have a go at some point :)

Last edited:

Smyth

Oct 16, 2015
London UK
Hi crosslandkelly and thanks for the welcome. Yes indeed! Runnymede... Did you visit? Maybe you lived there for a while?

Smyth

Oct 16, 2015
London UK
Hi John... thanks for the welcome :) What do you make? (I'm just assuming you enjoy making something because you have maker and wayfarer by your name)...

Last edited:

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Thanks Dreadhead. I see you do leatherwork... Will go take a look at your site.

Nice work! I have a mora with a boring sheath, but it suits my carbon steel blade. If I upgrade to a stainless steel blade, I'd be looking for something like that Celtic Sheath for Mora Knife... If I find I'm real crap at leatherwork, I'll be looking you up for sure :)

My thanks :) It's always worth giving it a bash yourself, it is mighty addictive! otherwise, my door is always open just give me a shout. cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE