Hello from Lapland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SuomiJohn

Oct 14, 2017
Rovaniemi
Hi , I am an Irish man living in Rovaniemi, Finland (on the arctic circle). Been up here for about 10 years now and love it, open spaces, free to camp , fish etc almost anywhere. I only started fishing about 4 years ago, and mostly stay at the family cabin by the lake when I go for fishing weekends.

Last weekend was the first time I have been camping up here and I loved it. A guy in work invited me out to remote army land. Stayed by the a lake, made a grand camp, collected some chaga, but no fish this time. He was hunting. Coming into winter now, so probably the last trip of the year , snow is on the way.

I did try and make a basic bench by the fire from just what I could get from the forest , and it did the job, but I dont think McGyver would be to proud of it! I am a carpenter for the last 17 years, Make furniture, knives and axes as a hobby, but when it came to bushcraft , I had no idea what i was doing.

The snow will be on the ground until the end of april . I want to try and learn about bushcraft, so when I go on the first trip next spring I want to have a camp that I am proud of!

Thanks for reading!

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hi and welcome, get out and try some winter camping, we did January just gone in Northern Sweden, hard harsh environment but with practice I think I'll grow to love it :)

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Sounds like you've got a beautiful place to hang out in. I'm looking forward to trip reports and photographs already :)

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Welcome. It’s been a while since I enjoyed a hot chocolate at the station there waiting for my hire car to be delivered. Lovely part f the world to wander around. I look forward to reading abou your exploits.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE