Hello from Iowa!

Hello All,

I live in the Loess Hills of western Iowa where I work as a Natural Resource Manager and an Outdoor Educator.

I lead bushcraft courses that are generally free and always open to the public. I have found that by teaching bushcraft skills to the visitors of the parks and wildlife area I manage they are more likely to visit more often and to have less of an impact when the do visit. That makes my job easier and a lot more enjoyable.

As an example; I like to teach people how to make cordage from natural materials that they may look at as useless to them either because they cannot eat it, or it has no monetary value (i.e.; nettles). By teaching people how to make cordage, and the properties to look for in cordage materials they become more observant and respectful of their surrounding.

Besides working in the outdoors I love to go hunting and hiking with my wife and daughter, and of course I love brushing out on my bushcraft skills and learning new ones. That is why I am here!

C.M.A.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” Theodore Roosevelt

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Welcome to the site I'm sure you'll fit right in, sounds like you have a good job there, you must find it rewarding,

Simon.

B

bushyboo

Welcome to BCUK
Im sure we could learn a bit from you too

Gordon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE