Hello from Herts!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 20, 2015
Hertfordshire
Hi guys

I'm Ryan. I'm a 21 year old student (well...ex student, I should be graduating very shortly - I just finished exams). I'm hoping to go to medical school next year if all goes to plan. Really, I'm a total novice when it comes to the outdoors. I've been camping a few times, but that's just with my girlfriend in cornwall, as a cheap place to stay in order to go surfing. I lived in Sheffield for three years and never made much use of the Peak District, apart from a few walks.

I feel like bushcraft and learning the outdoors is completely invaluable, as you never really know where you're going to end up in life. I'd like to learn some basic survival and bushcraft skills. I've been trying to teach myself spoon carving. It hasn't gone too terribly, though compared to some of you guys I'm sure it's awful, but I was quite proud of a first attempt.

20pq846.jpg

I thought I could learn a few things on here from people much more knowledgeable than I so I decided to sign up to the forum.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Ryan,
Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here and learn all you need to make the outdoors a fun & safe place.
Your spoon looks a lot better than my first attempt, or second or ... :D
Have fun, have a look 'round and take part.
ATB,
GB.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
I went to secondary school in St Albans! My dad still lives between Watford and Hemel. Oh the joys of things like the Hertfordshire show. I did a lot of camping and outdoor education in Cuffley a Woods, I bet if you live there for a while you go to Cuffley woods! Enjoy it here, there are some great people ...

Jun 20, 2015
Hertfordshire
I went to secondary school in St Albans! My dad still lives between Watford and Hemel. Oh the joys of things like the Hertfordshire show. I did a lot of camping and outdoor education in Cuffley a Woods, I bet if you live there for a while you go to Cuffley woods! Enjoy it here, there are some great people ...

Ah, great! What school was that? There's some great places nearby

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE