Hello From Essex

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Binxie

Tenderfoot
Hello all, I've taken much interest in this forum for a long while (always seemed to be popping up every time I searched for something) and I've finally taken the plunge and joined up.

My name is Jason, I'm 25 and live in Essex. I've been interested in outdoorsy stuff for a long while but 2012 was a big disappointment as I never seemed to have time to do any of the camping and photography weekends I wanted. I'm really determined to change things around next year.

I've always been interested in camping and so on, but I still have a lot to learn so I hope I'm able to learn and offer advice too at the same time :)

Thank you all in advance.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi, Binxie, welcome to BCUK, have fun and get involved, you'll enjoy it...

Your'd be welcome at the Suffolk Group Camp fire

Welcome mate, there are quite a few of us from Essex here and a few bumpkins from Suffolk too ;-)

You north or south of the county?

You don't have to be from Suffolk to be a Bumkin...... some of us from Suffolk Group are not Suffolk folk....;);)

Last edited:

Binxie

Tenderfoot
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I'm on the Hertfordshire border near Bishops Stortford but I'm always skipping between here and Southend way. Be nice to meet up with some people who like to get out, everyone I take (drag) out with me ends up moaning its too cold/wet/hard work. Been a lone-wolf sort for too long, gets awfully lonely.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
everyone I take (drag) out with me ends up moaning its too cold/wet/hard work. Been a lone-wolf sort for too long, gets awfully lonely.

LOL, there are a fair few like that, I know Three of us from the Suffolk Group are out all year round, have a look here

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84745

and come and join use one weekend.

The Norfolk Group are also meet all year round, and if you fancy a bit more of a drive, then the Sussex Group are a great bunch to meet.

Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
You don't have to be from Suffolk to be a Bumkin...... some of us from Suffolk Group are not Suffolk folk....;);)

Lol, very true mate! I have lived in Essex most of my life but am from Northern Ireland originally....

I think group meets are a great thing, hoping to make some of the Suffolk ones next year....

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Lol, very true mate! I have lived in Essex most of my life but am from Northern Ireland originally....

I think group meets are a great thing, hoping to make some of the Suffolk ones next year....

Yeah be good to see some more peeps come along, I am an Essex boy myself, Paul is from Up North..., and Tony is not a local either if I remember right, lol... we the Three that seem to be the regulars, the there is Nick that pops along from time to time,

We welcome anyone that is of the same mind, get stuck in, and enjoy.

dp0001

Forager
Apr 27, 2007
London
I'm in Southend too lots of fields, less forest. I was thinking of staying out on Two Tree Island but have a feeling odd things happen there

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE