Hello from Cyril_UK

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Cyril_UK

Subscriber
Sep 24, 2026
16
1
UK
Hi

I’m Cyril_UK and I’ve just made myself a member of the forum. I’ve known about Bushcraft UK for quite some time, and I used to frequent British Blades Forum until it ceased operation. During my time over there I amassed a collection of mainly Spiderco and Benchmade folding Knives.

Most of these knives have never been used at all. Some have been sharpened to a mirror edge and then not used, and some have the factory edge still. Since that forum ceased functioning, I lost interest in knives due to losing the platform for buying and selling.

I intend to list some of these knives for sale over the coming days and weeks, as I would like to pass them on to new owners and raise some funds.

Thank you
Cyril
 
Last edited:
Hi

I’m Cyril_UK and I’ve just made myself a member of the forum. I’ve known about Bushcraft UK for quite some time, and I used to frequent British Blades Forum until it ceased operation. During my time over there I amassed a collection of mainly Spiderco and Benchmade folding Knives.

Most of these knives have never been used at all. Some have been sharpened to a mirror edge and then not used, and some have the factory edge still. Since that forum ceased functioning, I lost interest in knives due to losing the platform for buying and selling.

I intend to list some of these knives for sale over the coming days and weeks, as I would like to pass them on to new owners and raise some funds.

Thank you
Cyril
welcome. cyril. x
 
Yup, many old BBers here. Looking forward to seeing a few knives.
I thought I recognised the name.

I’ve mainly got a few Spyderco’s to list, not a big collection, just a half dozen good ones to sell. But I need to figure out if they are still made and their value, and how to post them.

A few of them will be in the low hundreds of ££’s. Can anyone please give me advice on how best to send them with insurance etc and not breaking any rules? Some of them are slightly over 3” blades I think.

I’ve lots of experience selling things successfully on eBay, but no restricted items.

Thanks
 
I thought I recognised the name.

I’ve mainly got a few Spyderco’s to list, not a big collection, just a half dozen good ones to sell. But I need to figure out if they are still made and their value, and how to post them.

A few of them will be in the low hundreds of ££’s. Can anyone please give me advice on how best to send them with insurance etc and not breaking any rules? Some of them are slightly over 3” blades I think.

I’ve lots of experience selling things successfully on eBay, but no restricted items.

Thanks
Sending is a bit difficult, Google suggest Royal Mail Age Verified, but the Age Verified option has been removed from the drop down list and it’s all got very muddy as to whether it’s even possible anymore unless you register an account as a business and use Click and Drop.

UPS will carry knives, the costs are ‘extravagant’ to say the least.

There are also a couple of FB groups that allow selling. EDC Banter and Trade UK and Knives and Gear UK. Doesn’t solve the logistics problem though.
 
Sending is a bit difficult, Google suggest Royal Mail Age Verified, but the Age Verified option has been removed from the drop down list and it’s all got very muddy as to whether it’s even possible anymore unless you register an account as a business and use Click and Drop.

UPS will carry knives, the costs are ‘extravagant’ to say the least.

There are also a couple of FB groups that allow selling. EDC Banter and Trade UK and Knives and Gear UK. Doesn’t solve the logistics problem though.
Excellent, thank you for the info.
 
UPS is the only way for age verification and values over £75. Royal Mail's insurance stops at that value for age verification.
Weird cos I could find no way of getting anything sent RM Age Ver.I started setting up a Click and Collect business account and one criteria was that I'd be sending over 1000 parcels per annum.
 
Weird cos I could find no way of getting anything sent RM Age Ver.I started setting up a Click and Collect business account and one criteria was that I'd be sending over 1000 parcels per annum.
I don't have a Click and Collect Business account it's just a Click and Drop account that anyone can open, no business association needed. Definitely didn't need to put in any details suggestive of a business to use it.

 
I don't have a Click and Collect Business account it's just a Click and Drop account that anyone can open, no business association needed. Definitely didn't need to put in any details suggestive of a business to use it.

Cheers, I’ll have another look into it. It was nice and easy, so of course it’s been ‘improved’. :rolleyes2:
 
  • Like
Reactions: hughtrimble
I don't have a Click and Collect Business account it's just a Click and Drop account that anyone can open, no business association needed. Definitely didn't need to put in any details suggestive of a business to use it.

That’s interesting thank you. I’ve just booked a delivery with UPS and age verification and it was about £22 with £250 insurance. Pretty steep really for a small lightweight package.
 
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE