Hello from Aberdeen

KojakPeg

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2014
Scotland
Hello Everyone
Great to be here. I live in Scotland, near Aberdeen, and as you can imagine we get every kind of weather going, usually all on the same day too. Which make wearing the right kit pretty tricky, even when you're just going to the shop for a pint of milk. Let a lone when your out and about in the countryside. So you can imagine, I've found reading through this site very useful, in the past. And I've now added a thread of my own, in the clothes and kit section. Asking for advice on waterproof and breathable jackets. I'd really appreciate your help, because I'm finding it much harder to narrow down the search than I thought I would.

Many thanks

Kojak

KojakPeg

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2014
Scotland
Hello Everyone
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hi Dreadhead
Inverurie very nice place

Hi Oakleaf
lol. Nae bad, Yersel?

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Aye aye and welcome aboard. I just moved from up there. I lived in Whinnyfold near Cruden Bay until late last year. I know what you mean about all the weathr on the same day. I have photos of my mate outside in a tshirt having a bbq in June in a blizzard :D

I'm back up there next week to visit some friends.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Hello fae Banchory! If you look in the meets section we are having a meet up at Glen Tanar next weekend if you fancy it.

KojakPeg

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2014
Scotland
Thanks again for the welcome everyone

Hi ecoman
A BBQ in a blizzard, I can believe. If I remember right last year we had summer on a Wednesday, didn't we lol. I've never been to Whinnyfolled it looks a nice place. Wasn't the ruined castle there an inspiration for one of the famous Gothic horror novels or something?

Hi Kiltedpict
Thanks for the invite, I won't be able to attend. I'm still recovering from a neck injury and subsequent illness. So walking in my local area, is about my limit at the moment.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Speedy recovery bud! We have a couple of meets a year so there will be other times.

Re: castle- Slains Castle is often reported to have been the inspiration for Bram Stokers' Dracula

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Thanks again for the welcome everyone

Hi ecoman
A BBQ in a blizzard, I can believe. If I remember right last year we had summer on a Wednesday, didn't we lol. I've never been to Whinnyfolled it looks a nice place. Wasn't the ruined castle there an inspiration for one of the famous Gothic horror novels or something?

Aye I believe your right about the summer! Lol

Whinnyfold was the home of Bram Stoker and he wrote a few books while he was there. He lived in a house called the Crooked Lumb which is still there. It was common knowledge that he based the vampire superstitions on fishermen folklore from the area and Dracula's castle was most definitely Slains Castle.

Oh and before anyone says it was Whitby, that was the place Dracula landed in England;)

KojakPeg

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2014
Scotland
Hi Ecoman
Yeah, I thought I'd seen something about Slain Castle being the inspiration for one of Dracula. It reminds me of Dunnottar Castle, which funnily enough is now the location of a up coming Frankenstein movie must be something about wind swept ruined castles on the east coast

Hi THOaken
It must have been great having the countryside and the Edinburgh right on your door step. Hope your new place is good too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE