Hello and Happy Christmas to all.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Hello All,

Just a quick message to introduce myself.

I am a really interest in the outdoors mostly from the scouts and my father and in particular more resently the less is more attitude of Bushcraft. I am pretty much a beginner but I have already learnt alot by just browsing around here and some experimenting on own.

I have signed up for a course with Wild Live in Armagh (only and hour from me) in the new year which I am really looking forward to.

Anyway I ramble on.

So Hello and I wish you all Merry Xams and Happy New year and I hope you will all be patient with me as I have a million questions.

James

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Welcome to BCUK and Merry Xmas :) I was a cub/scout too...
Hope you find some interesting stuff to keep you here... there is loads of it.

;-)
Ed

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Thanks Ed,

The Scouts are not what they used to be. From my resent experiences they are restricting and filled with red tape.

Its unfortunate but, the kids are not allowed to camp on there own with out continual supervision etc. which limits them as they cannot learn the self reliance need in the outdoor.

This is a much why I have become interest in learning more. My skills are very basic but expanding and my awareness and appreciation for the country side is growing as I learn.

But there is alot out there I can see from the forum.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

James

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
The Scouts are not what they used to be. From my resent experiences they are restricting and filled with red tape.

Its unfortunate but, the kids are not allowed to camp on there own with out continual supervision etc. which limits them as they cannot learn the self reliance need in the outdoor.

What a shame. I had a great time when I was a kid... I didn't realise things had become so bad, but thats red tape for you.

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE