Helikon-Tex fleece

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Will Bowden

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2009
Exmoor
www.MuddyRedLandRover.co.uk
Just a quick post to recommend the Helikon-Tex Patriot Fleeces that Heinnie.com are flogging. I got one from Santa :cool:

http://heinnie.com/Helikon-Tex/Jackets/Patriot-Heavy-Fleece-Jacket/p-1175-1180-9498/

For £50 they have to be one of the best jackets you can buy for the money. Quality feels excellent, nice heavywieght fleece, good velcro adjustments at the wrists, loads of pockets, hood is a good shape and not too annoying when not in use. Its long enough to keep you back warm when squatting down. Generally I'm jolly chuffed to bits with it.

Sizing is said to be a bit large according to the reviews. I'm 6', 16stone, short legs-long body, 48" chest and a Size L is bang on for me.

No connection with Heinnie.com at all other than as a customer.

Snap em up whilst you can I say!

Will :)

Binxie

Tenderfoot
I've lived in one of these since I brought it back in the summer and I have to agree with Will. The quality is brilliant and very warm. £50 may seem like a lot of money but since you can't even buy a thick jumper in the high street anymore for under £40 I think it is well worth the money.

The sizing is off though. I'm a smallish bloke who usually wears Mediums and I have to wear Small in Helikon gear.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
The jacket so good I bought it twice! Love mine which I found online whilst searching for any type of hooded fleece, and even at £50 they are half the price of hooded fleeces available from "outdoor" brand names.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Another happy user here. Had mine for 15 months and it's rarely off my back. Great kit and thats a steal at £50, I paid more and it's still worth it.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
thank you :) must admit they are looking good for fishing :)

i hate to admit it but at my age i'm a convert to the hoodie ! marvelous things when standing on a windy bank !

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
The hood is one of the best parts of the design of mine, it's wired and it stays shaped. I've worn mine under my new style combat jacket in minus ten or worse windchill and been fine.

Great kit.

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
got mine today ,very nicely made and exact copy of the tad gear for considerably less.
a note on the sizing ,im 5 "11 and a 44in chest went for a medium as others recommended and it fits fine so these are slightly oversized as i usually take a large.

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
I ordered mind from heinnie haynes at 3.30 pm on a friday and it arrived saturday morning 10.30am and that was free postage can't moan at that .
No connection just a very happy customer

Sent from my GT-I9100

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
looks like a really nice fleece(identical copy) of my tadgear stealth hoodie , am very interested

They are close to (and probably inspired by) the tad but you'll tell the difference if you own both, its nice enough but the tad wins hands down IMO the fleece on the tad is more wind resistant, I didn't like the pit zips when I wore a short sleve T under it and the fit was less athletic than I liked - but for some that might be a positive ;)

for the price though its worth a try

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE