Helikon-tex Claymore bag. The ideal woodland purse?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Capacity: Smaller than the bushcraft satchel but able to carry basic items, water bottles or a camera. It’s not overly large so it’s difficult to add too much weight.

Build: Pretty good for the money and not especially heavy empty.

Versatility: Various small slot pockets inside and out to organise items. The internal ones are thin smooth fabric so can be flatten down if not needed. Small sections of molle webbing on the outside, stops you adding too much.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You confused me. A purse is the wee thing I keep money in, not my bag.....

That bag looks a handy size though; bread bags get a good rep too.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
What can go in it?

The current contents on mine. Fairly full but not bursting at the seams. I can fit a ration meal in if needed. A saw or small axe will hand on the outside with work gloves if needed without feeling especially heavy.

1717D1FD-2457-4DAE-98E0-6B442824CCE7.jpeg

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
You confused me. A purse is the wee thing I keep money in, not my bag.....

That bag looks a handy size though; bread bags get a good rep too.
Yeah it’s a modern bread bag really.

The purse reference is tongue in cheek as a few years ago “a man purse” was all the rage. The messenger bag type things. Plus the general handbag-esque look! :)

I used to hang about with my Grandfather, who did forestry, he went everywhere with his 1937’s haversack from D-day. Never needed anything bigger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Some thoughts on the claymore bag.

The external pockets can just about hold a crusader cup, it really cuts into the internal bag space and is difficult to get in and out. The MK1 stove just makes this worse and probably stretches the seams to much.

The velcro is pretty sturdy and will hold the lid down even without the press studs.

The shoulder strap might be better with alternate male & female buckles but easy to change if you do.

The molle on the base lends itself to adding shock cord for a jacket etc.

The outside slot pockets (and inner ones) are sized to USGI rifle magazine. If you put something that blocky join them though they will cut into the interior space. They are secure enough for first aid note paper as they are quite deep.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE