Hebridean Bivvy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brynglas

I've been up on Islay for a few days and had initially planned an early season sea kayak trip up and around the East coast of Islay. Unfortunately, the weather conditions conspired to scupper my optimistic plans so I've made do with a couple of days out along the coast foraging and enjoying the fresh air.

I did however manage to grab a quick overnight Bivvy with my daughter and we set off for a walk to the Eastern edge of Islay to try and get some shelter from the prevailing Westerlies.

We found ourselves a spot near the beach and settled down to watch for seals and sea otters.

e8d85693004e76994b88164dfa0d7980.jpg

We it took a while before any two seals decided to,show themselves and made an appearance, by which time it was almost dark and we were just getting into the Bivvy bags.

dfeb53da9ec2c1f9af1e31af89680ec8.jpg

3988e4e3bef16c7e7c511350c68d87b4.jpg

All in all a very quick, snatched overnight Bivvy but a nice chance to get out overnight nonetheless.

Brynglas

Thanks for sharing. I should really get out of this funk I'm in, and get out more.
It's a tricky time of year this, the dark months of winter are receding mostly but the weather is still changeable. If my daughter hadn't been so keen to go it would have been easy for me to have delayed or postponed. Well worth taking the opportunity if you can.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE