Heavy weight overnighter...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi, believing our wonderful met office, i decided that we would sneak up the woods for the night, so with meticulous planning, took the afternoon to assemble the kit!

A good mate of mine said i could borrow his landrover tent, lightweight it is not! But knew it would house the family, with whatever the elements could throw at us.

So went to the yard, split up a load of ash, carried that and all the other stuff up to the woods, so as when Ailson had finished work and the boys got home from school, we could just get in the car and go!

Good job she likes surprises, no worries with the kids on that score, pricked and foil wrapped the jacket spuds, prepared the chilli, sliced the bananas, filled them with chocolate, foil wrapped them too, found an old packet of christmas paper plates(saves on the washing up!) Mixed the squash, got mum some wine, oh yeah and me some brandy.

Poor lot, they hardly had chance to get in the door, and we were off!

Anyway we had a great time as ever, did us all the power of good, after a hard week in that nasty old real world.

Hope you like the pics, thanks for looking.

Ivan...

003.jpg 004.jpg

005.jpg 006.jpg

007.jpg 008.jpg

009.jpg 010.jpg

011.jpg 012.jpg

013.jpg 014.jpg

015.jpg 016.jpg

018.jpg 019.jpg

020.jpg 021.jpg

022.jpg 023.jpg

024.jpg 025.jpg

028.jpg 029.jpg

031.jpg

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
That looks great! Bet you could have stayed for abotu a week in that set up. :)

What tent is that?

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Great pictures looks like you were well set for a great time. Loving the wood pile never seen logs stacked that way before?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thanks for the comments, it was hard work lugging all the gear up, but as ever worth it, the kids get the freedom, catty shooting etc, the dog is in heaven, and Alison gets to chill out too, you don't realize just how much stuff there is to do, just so as nobody has to lift a finger , just get taken to the woods and it's all done for you.

Still if it were like that everyone in the country would wildcamp and bushcraft! Let's keep it our little secret shall we?

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
That looks great! Bet you could have stayed for abotu a week in that set up. :)

What tent is that?

Hi Samon, its ex military, think it's called a landrover tent or 9x9, i think it's normally set off the back of a landy, not sure(maybe someone can put me right)

Anyway hell of a robust thing, slept the 4 of us and gear comfortably, but would not want to go on a sponsered walk with it!

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Great pictures looks like you were well set for a great time. Loving the wood pile never seen logs stacked that way before?

Hi Weekender, thanks, i always stack my wood like that, if i can, missus says i am a bit OCD, about tidyness in camp, but the wood stays dry, and nobody trips over anything.

Was a tree surgeon and log merchant for many years, and had all the old dears custom, as tidy Ivan, would always stack their logs in a nice way!

Ivan...

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I've heard all all about "Tidy Ivan" and his logs before!

And what's the cheap plastic Brandy bottle man? Haven't you got a decent hip flask with your name on it (or two for that matter).

Looking forward to seeing your tidy logs up close at half term.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I've heard all all about "Tidy Ivan" and his logs before!

And what's the cheap plastic Brandy bottle man? Haven't you got a decent hip flask with your name on it (or two for that matter).

Looking forward to seeing your tidy logs up close at half term.

My dear Bucephalas, as you very well know, i am always first up, and after the night before, i am busy tidying up all the discarded drinking containers (silently) and rescuing, your tobacco,filters,papers,mobile phone,glasses,wallet,loose change etc, and as Darren made a special journey from Bristol, just to deliver your American hip flask, i think you are "living in a glass house, throwing stones"

I treasure the said hip flasks, but you leave me no alternative, but to have a stern word with you, at the upcoming meet.

Good day sir.

Ivan...

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
yes ivan but don't forget your flask oh and my spices thought id forget didn't you ha ha looking forward to seeing you all regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE