heat treatment and bevels

bushybloke

Apr 10, 2011
swinging in the woods
hiya guys , ive got a friend thats off to do their fifth and final tour of the sandbox and im making him a combat knife , i can do most of the work but i cant get the bevels and heat treatment done properly , does anyone have any suggestions as to whom the best person to ask for this service , many thanks everyone

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I could do the grind for you, but 316 stainless isn't a knife steel. Its marine grade stainless, i use it for pins and bolsters. Very corrosion resistant, but wont harden. Its also so difficult to work with it defies belief. Put it this way, its easier to work hardened 01 that that stuff. :)

bushybloke

Apr 10, 2011
swinging in the woods
I could do the grind for you, but 316 stainless isn't a knife steel. Its marine grade stainless, i use it for pins and bolsters. Very corrosion resistant, but wont harden. Its also so difficult to work with it defies belief. Put it this way, its easier to work hardened 01 that that stuff. :)
ah ok mate , it was donated to me lol

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
You want to be on the lookout for stainlesses such as, RWL -34, 12c27, or 440, well these are the most common as knife steels.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE