Heat reflector/wind shield for Mini-trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Afternoon all,
Received a mini-trangia off my bro for Xmas - it's a neat little thing compared to the SA military one I had. Needs a heat reflector/wind shield though, something like this Primus one however if I can spend less or be given enough of a mental prodding regarding making a decent one that would be awesome.
I'd like it to be foldable or pack flat.

Any ideas?

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Cheers Ian/Mesquite,
Wouldn't the roasting dish be a bit lightweight? I place my tent between me and the prevailing wind, so cook on the 'calmer side' - not loads of wind, but a gust would carry the tray away.
Ian, is that cut down one of yours made from the ebay link Rik posted? Very nice - how easy to cut down? (I am limited in both tools and knowledge!)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Triple folded cooking foil will get you up and running. I've got the Primus and MSR foil shields but much prefer the folding shields.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Ian, is that cut down one of yours made from the ebay link Rik posted? Very nice - how easy to cut down?

Yes and as Mesquite says, a hacksaw is fine for cutting them but I used a Dremmel with a diamond cutting wheel in it. You can also get 0.7mm cutting discs for a 4.5" angle grinder which are great for thin stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE