heads up: new British army cotton sleeping bag liners: the best you can get!

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Last week I was in the market for a cotton sleeping bag liner, and after much google searching and reading opninions on here I went with the snugpack liner at £10 or so. Well a few days ago I was buying some hexamine fuel from Strikeforce supplies site and came accross these genuine british army cotton sleeping bag liners http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk/index.php?method=stock&id=9008&from=6

9008_l.jpg

Now just to convey the sheer build quality of this liner, let me just say that this snugpack liner looks like it would get torn at the seams if I made one wrong move in the bag one restless night whereas this british army liner looks & feels like I could fill it to the brim with bricks and rubble, sling it over my shoulder, empty it out then it'll still work perfectly well! The seams and stiching are double in many areas, and the cotton is of a very nice thickness.

It seems they have literally just come on the surplus market overnight, so it's bad luck as I could of bought two if these for the price of this snugpack one!

p.s no affiliation to strikeforce supplies, just a very satisfied customer.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Thanks mate i have been looking for a place what sells hexamine for a good price. after reading that you got some i thought i would see how much you were paying for it. great price

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I've often thought that something like that would be useful as a sleeping bag cover, as well as a liner. It would stop any stray sparks burning a hole in your expensive synthetic sleeping bag if you're kipping beside the fire, and would help to keep it clean too.

Cheers, Michael.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I use one of these liners combined with my rucksacks removable foam back pad to sleep in airports when traveling.
Very light and folds up very small.
Happy trails...torc.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Used this last night inside the sleeping bag, but ended up getting trapped and twisted, what a carry on. After a while I simply gathered up the material and used it as a pillow! Cotton liners are difficult to use, especially when you have to be a gymnast to remove your boots and slide in to the bivi/doss bag in one controlled movement.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Nope, using with an L.L bean down bag, or a Snugpak softie 6 kestrel. I always keep the doss bag inside the bivi bag and use a large compression sack to store it in the bergen, I think I'll keep this liner inside, too as it proved to be a functional pillow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE