Heads Up For Sharpening Systems

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
B and Q in the gardening department Four sided Diamond impregnated steel flat "stone type and size" with non slip base.£8

Diamond retractable pen file £4

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Those 4 sided diamond bench stones with stand are an absolute bargain. The best value home sharpening system I have ever owned. Sure I still give a final finish on waterstones or wet & dry but when you need to get an edge on quick or sharpen out some damage - I love em. I've been using mine for a couple of years and bought a spare just in case they stop doing them!

Put a whole set of stupid blunt kitchen knives (stainless) over one recently and finished up with a quick Hoodoo honing. They were transformed!

Red Recommends!

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
iv got some cheep diamond stones (similar but flat, not box shaped) and there reely fast at cutting even hard stainless steels etc. just make sure you dont dent them, i must have nocked mine sumhow and theres a small dent in the side of one which mucked up my knife for a while but its smoothened out since.

pete

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Those 4 sided diamond bench stones with stand are an absolute bargain. The best value home sharpening system I have ever owned. Sure I still give a final finish on waterstones or wet & dry but when you need to get an edge on quick or sharpen out some damage - I love em. I've been using mine for a couple of years and bought a spare just in case they stop doing them!

What he said!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE