The Netherlands
http://www.aldi.nl/OFFER_NL_SA/OFFER_27/OFF01.SHTML

BILD01.JPG

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Cheers, mate! I'll be hunting for one.

Check the Lidl site as well - night vision spotter scope is up there at the same date.

-Emile

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Went to get one today. First impression not so good: when I plugged in one of the mini-USB jacks for charging it fully on the electric net (sorry don't know the exact name in english, but you know, the wall sockets), the socket in the solar pack broke off.

So, within 10 minutes I had my second one - no faulths there.

It's the size of an iPod, nice and shiny on the backside (not shown in pic). Could double for a reflector mirror :D

3687075999_484940659c.jpg

Indicator lights for charging/fully charged (connected to wall socket), and good light conditions/poor light conditions when charging with sunlight. The manual says fully loading the internal battery on sunlight will take 7-12 hours.

You have to charge and discharge it fully 3 times, you can do this by sunlight or by plugging it in. So I charged it by means of connecting it to a wall plug, and when it wass full I then charged my PDA with it.

PDA went from almost empty to 60% in half an hour, so it transferres energy pretty quick.

If I have tried it out with solar power (after the initial 3 charges) I'll post again.

Now off to make nice leather pouch for new gadget :D

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Went to get one today. First impression not so good: when I plugged in one of the mini-USB jacks for charging it fully on the electric net (sorry don't know the exact name in english, but you know, the wall sockets), the socket in the solar pack broke off.

So, within 10 minutes I had my second one - no faulths there.

It's the size of an iPod, nice and shiny on the backside (not shown in pic). Could double for a reflector mirror :D

3687075999_484940659c.jpg

Indicator lights for charging/fully charged (connected to wall socket), and good light conditions/poor light conditions when charging with sunlight. The manual says fully loading the internal battery on sunlight will take 7-12 hours.

You have to charge and discharge it fully 3 times, you can do this by sunlight or by plugging it in. So I charged it by means of connecting it to a wall plug, and when it wass full I then charged my PDA with it.

PDA went from almost empty to 60% in half an hour, so it transferres energy pretty quick.

If I have tried it out with solar power (after the initial 3 charges) I'll post again.

Now off to make nice leather pouch for new gadget :D

Thanks for the report, look forward to the update

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE