Heads Up. Fantastic bushcraft knife for pennies.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
Can you elaborate what makes it similar to a Mora? Aside from price, I can't really see much else about it that's similar. The beauty with most Moras is their excellent cutting ability for the price.

Hollow mid-height sabre grind with secondary edge
Swedge
Shaped handle that forces fingers into certain places on the handle

To me it looks like just another cheap knife that's designed to appeal to the Walmart masses? Hopefully you can elaborate on what makes it so good!

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
What I meant was that you are getting a lot of cutting tool for the money. Full tang, good shape, thickness and ergonomics for the woods. So if you need a beefier knife than your trusty Mora than this is not a bad option.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Wonder how the steel is?
Properly hardened and so on?

If I could buy it for this price I would do some serious modding and turn it from a Chinese run of the mill blade to something cool.

I am sure it is good enough for the average bushcrafter.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
I've yet to buy anything shrade that wasn't good. Thanks for the link

Same here hence my interest. Steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel according to Heinnie, as long as it's not "no name" it should be good enough.
PS. please don't be discouraged by the "out of stock" thing. Mine was like that when I ordered it and it took them 3 days to get it for me (website says 10-14 days so keep that in mind).

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I hate black blades. They look horrible after a little while.

Have a Fallkniven F1 I never will use. Black blade.
This one I would take the handle off, polish the blade and then put a new handle on!
The bonus is it has a nice functional sheath.

Last night I placed a 500 euro order in with Brisa...... Had I known I would have bought a bunch of these instead.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Plenty of knife there for the money. The steel is decent enough, stainless and easy to sharpen.

I'd hazard a guess the factory Shrade use also produce the Gerber Bear Grylls knives, the machining looks similar.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Those Gerbers are cheap as chips in USA.

First time I saw them I was surprised Mr Grylls would be happy with a such cheap product bearing his name, but I guess every dollar in a bank account outside UK counts.....

I guess he is paid in US.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE