Heads up! - Cheap Parachutes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Hi guys,
I was talking to Jasper at Strikeforce Supplies and he mentioned has a a few "slashed" parachutes. These are a really good supply of fabric for projects like hammocks, zoot-suits, Stuff sacks, etc. You can even repair them and turn them into shelters/classrooms. Anyway he said he would do a deal for FORUM MEMBERS - £20 per item.
All you need to do is mention BCUK when you call. Which I thought was a pretty good deal.
Now for the obligatory - I am not employed by or have and connection with the above business, nor does my dog, cat or auntie Mable;)
Neil

Neil

Thanks for the heads up...

I've been looking for a reasonably priced parachute canopy for a while, so now I've ordered two (one for using as shelter & one to cut up for projects - homemade hammock, etc.)

Jasper was very helpful, he has also said he's got quite a lot of paracord - in lengths cut from the 'chutes.

Once I receive my order I'll post back here on what shape the 'chute's in (being slashed).

Cheers

Jon

Mine arrived this morning just before I left for work - I haven't had a chance to get it out & take a look (can't wait 'til I get home tonight - although goodness knows what SWMBO will say - she doesn't know I ordered one :eek: )

I must say that Jasper was very efficient and was surprised at how quick it came :D

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Ha Ha Bushscout,
If it is anything like the conversations in our house it will go something like:
SWMBO "Have you ordered something exciting"
BS (genuinely excitited) "Yes dear, two old parachutes with holes in them!"
SWMBO "Oh..." (in a rather disappointed tone).

Cheers,
Steve

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
You haven't got an auntie mable, I know I'm your brother. It must be his age;)

I knew that, and was about to post on to that but wanted to check it first with you ... which I unfortunately completely forgot ... :(
Also like Matt's option of it being your weekend name Neil, several pics in your gallery to prove that, because you are so good at posing and modelling
;) :nana:

Intertidal

Forager
Jan 26, 2008
Cornwall
Reminds me of some similar parachutes at Knights in Plymouth - the boxes they were in were marked 'mutilated canopies'. I didn't figure what this meant at the time, so had to have a look - sound a lot more exciting that ripped parachutes!
Nick

Ha Ha Bushscout,
If it is anything like the conversations in our house it will go something like:
SWMBO "Have you ordered something exciting"
BS (genuinely excitited) "Yes dear, two old parachutes with holes in them!"
SWMBO "Oh..." (in a rather disappointed tone).

Cheers,
Steve

Hey steve

Have you bugged my house or can you do a good impression of a fly on the wall ???

The bit you missed out was:

SWMBO "So what are you gonna do with them ?"
BS (still genuinely excited) "well one's for a shelter, and the other I can use to make a hammock & things."
SWMBO "hmmmm !!!" :BlueTeamE
BS :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE