Headlights and tac torches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
My other half was given the Yukon for christmas last year and its definately a nice torch, although I'm still not sure about the battery back on the back... makes it awkward to wear with a hat. Also with some night nav work its better to have the torch around your neck so you look over the top of the beam - doesn't destroy your night vision as much, you can't do this with the Yukon or the Apex (which I think is the main competitor for the Tikka XP plus).

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
The PT stuff is very good, I have two of their headlights; the Aurora and Eos. The Aurora is a great area/task light with three brightness settings and the Eos is brighter with more throw (it's a 1w luxeon LED if I remember correctly) but is more focused. I find the Eos is great for working after dark and again has three brightness levels.

Both units have the batteries in the lamp assembly at the front.

Hellz

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I've had the Aurora headtorch for about 4 years I think - it came in a pack with a pulsar led keyring thing. They're both going strong and I'd recommend the Aurora. I think the Photon Freedom is a better keyring light than the pulsar though.

philm4

Oct 17, 2004
Midlands
As I've posted before the Princeton Tec Apex is exceptional. Works as bright, and longer on rechargeable batteries than on normal AA's, and is regulated so produces a constant output. Petzl LED lights as far as I'm aware are not regulated so they diminish their bright light quite quickly.To answer another question on here, the apex top headband is removable so it can be carried round the neck, the battery is a bit bulky for this though.

philm4

Oct 17, 2004
Midlands
abetterworld.co.uk have had them in the past but are sold out, hitch n hike also have them but at £69.95 which is steep. I got mine on Ebay from a US shop at $80 inc postage and avoided the taxman which would have been £10. So total was £47 + £10 tax.

Well worth the effort though.

Ravenn

Jan 13, 2005
Central, Ky,USA
I've had the Yukon HL for about 2 years now, it's never failed me in my needs be it nite woods walking, camping, auto repairs, or Shooting. I ,too was concerned in the begining about the batt. pac in the back, which is far removed from my old Justrite , with the Batt pac on the belt. Even wearing my old woolfelt fadora, I've had no problems. Caps haven't been an issue either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE