Hazard 4 Poncho Villa - AVOID!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Hi ZEN
Aye you got burned there for sure Bro, for 120 quid I naturally thought it was 100% waterproof to , I nearly fell for it to until I seen a review on edc forums. com where it got slated for exactly the reason you mentioned, quote "it's totally lame " was one of the terms used to describe it.
Hazard 4 should be ashamed of themselves for releasing that effort, ITS JUNK, looks ace but its JUNK. I hope you get your cash back.

Last edited:

User3326

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2015
UK
Genuine question (maybe I'm missing something). Why do you need a "breathable" poncho?
Use a sea to summit nylon poncho regularly (as a poncho and rigged as a tarp over a bivi bag) As long as you keep the air flowing through it, its fine.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Isn't the whole point of a Poncho to keep you dry? therefore a poncho that doesn't isn't fit for purpose?

I agree about waiting to see what they say, but it sounds very not fit for purpose.

J

Only if its a waterproof poncho :D
I'v got a south american style wool poncho and a hill people gear serape.....neither are waterproof but certainly fit for purpose

GreenDragonfly

Aug 23, 2016
UK
I have literally signed up to see if they ever emailed you back and what was their response?

Have you tried re-waterproofing, how and did it work?

Whilst I realize it was very expensive, it does just look so much better than other ponchos. I have a Helikon-Tec and it just feels massive - though it does the job very well.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Their description claims that the seams are "waterproof" and that the soft-shell body material is "water resistant."
They never claim that the entire poncho is waterproof. Apparently, the OP has confirmed that.

We get lots of that sort of baffle gab over here with outdoor clothing. "Breathable" fabric nonsense.
"Waterproof" = it is what it is.
"Water resistant, water repellant" = how long it takes for you to be water-logged and miserable will vary but it sure isn't waterproof.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE